lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,520
    Options
    gctjf3f3rz93.jpeg

Noah • s/t……1970

Not to be confused with several groups called 'Noah' before or after, Dutch immigrant Barry "Buzz" Vandersel started his first band, Buzzy & The Belvederes at 14 years old. With himself handling bass and his cousins Peter and Marinus Vandertogt on guitars and drums, the Trenton, Ontario kids recruited Paul Clapper as lead vocalist and began playing around the local area through the mid '60s.

They were eventually noticed by manager Al MacMillan from Nimbus 9 Productions. The first thing he did was chang their name to Tyme And a Half. He had enough confidence in their writing he let them write their two singles that year, both dripping of flower power - "It's Been A Long Time" b/w "Magic Island," and then "Cassandra" b/w "It's Happening Here."

Jack Richardson took a personal interest in the band, and helped land them a deal with RCA Victor, who suggested another name change, and Noah was born. Their self-titled debut was on the store shelves in the summer of 1970. All the members had a hand in writing the songs, with Peter Vandertogt and Clapper handling the majority of it. "Summer Sun" became the first single under the new name, but Clapper wasn't happy with the direction the music was going - less poppy than previously, so he quit prior to the band setting off on the road to promote the album.

At the age of 23, Vandersel passed away in the fall of 1975, and members went on to other projects, or eventually got out of the business all together.

lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Options
    4tdymgol2tg0.jpeg

The Orchestral Tubular Bells
    The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra with Mike Oldfield on Guitar Conducted by David Bedford
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Options
    cg40o63s6r3i.jpeg

Gamma 3
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,601
    Options
    i30ngawrhqez.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    Options
    py3fod3eii24.png
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    513ajzvhsezs.jpeg
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    smmb4plq1kpx.png
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    edited April 2023
    Options
    q92dtaptrkls.jpg
    qh2qe67jwmu0.jpg

Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    ws5k3s8dc6g0.png

Another from Greg dropped on the 14th!
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    0m2u9cp2cie3.jpg
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    r00tdugwyeb2.png
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    jud1pzt0yeem.png

• tophatjohnny
    Options
    0yq166u296rf.png

Twin Cities cats and friends!
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    2dsrg9c6th0a.png

Just dropped today! Red Hot! And of course I have all of Gordon’s material ! This one quickly topped even some of his Bootlegs I stumbled on through the years ! 🎩
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    ta4d1uzvw2o6.png

This also dropped today and is also a gem! I’m back n forth between the new brand new albums to embrace the versatility of these cats ! Outrageous talent! Definitely their best work yet !
  • tophatjohnny
    edited April 2023
    Options
    9ga74mcwpe3d.png
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    jyg7odt9k1mw.png
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    xdt6ai7hh493.png
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    2u8a1yg9ji59.png
  • tophatjohnny
    edited April 2023
    Options
    u75xelwfaxoe.png

1968 never sounded this good!
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,704
    Options
    SIHAB wrote: »
    kapnnwioeqa1.jpg

Burned to FLAC this week. Good stuff
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,704
    Options
    ELP 3 CD Antholgy
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    1ygleb6d9u7a.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    jrmro3355ls4.jpeg
    Brian

• pumpkinman
    Options
    fzdx7rrx2w8c.png

Gale Garnett and The Gentle Reign • An Audience with the King of Wands
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Options
    bnuill8ilcxx.png

Talk Talk • The Colour Of Spring
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• tophatjohnny
    Options
    mch70267n55m.png

My mom got me hooked on this song I when I was a kid and loved it ever since. Now I love Gales music to this day !
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    no5nspnh79l4.jpg

I need to use this table more, fully auto. so I don't need to get up.

I like it's Denon DL-160 cart. too.

It's a Dynaflex record! ;)