What Are You Listening To?

Comments

• landry_p2000
    landry_p2000 Posts: 1,313
    edited October 2004
    Cam'Ron presents......The Diplomats-Diplomatic Immunity disc one.
    Dip Set!!!!!!
    Main Set-up: 55" 120 hz Samsung LN55B650, Onkyo TX-SR806, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S560, Apple TV (160g), Panamax M5300-PM, Polk Audio CSi5, RTi10's, FXi3's, RTi4's, and SVS PB12 Plus

Bedroom: Panasonic 50" S2 Plasma and Panasonic BD65 blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-SR707, Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-2, KEF IQ7's, IQc, IQ8Ds, and SVS PB10-ISD
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2004
    Listening to Dire Straits......what a great SDA demo disc.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited October 2004
    Tongue Tied Harry and the Hairlips - Silverdome Sibilance Blues
  • landry_p2000
    edited October 2004
    The Isley Bros. Greatest Love Songs. So, so smooth.:cool:
    Main Set-up: 55" 120 hz Samsung LN55B650, Onkyo TX-SR806, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S560, Apple TV (160g), Panamax M5300-PM, Polk Audio CSi5, RTi10's, FXi3's, RTi4's, and SVS PB12 Plus

Bedroom: Panasonic 50" S2 Plasma and Panasonic BD65 blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-SR707, Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-2, KEF IQ7's, IQc, IQ8Ds, and SVS PB10-ISD
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2004
    Started with some jazz replay from yesterday...

Moved onto a couple of different Mozart piano concertos... if you're seen Amadeus, you've heard them...

Then...
    Seatrain - Seatrain (new purchase of their "other" self-titled LP arrived in today's mail)... was OK-ish (LOVE the other "other")

Joe Ely - "Live at Liberty Lunch" a wonderful old Austin, Tejas club... If you like Ely, or want to, this may be the best intro to him... Very good stuff....
    "Musta Notta Gotta Lotta.... Sleep Last Night"

Chilling to a little Pretenders - "The Isle of View" their "unplugged" release...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited October 2004
    David Bowie - Best of 1969/1974

Suffragette City.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2004
    Robinella & The CC Stringband - self titled

OK - I've got to do a little plug for this one. A local band made up University of Tennessee Knoxville grads. I saw them live and found out they had a CD released nationally in 2003. Sort of bluegrass with jazz influences (laid back bluegrass). Very, very nice. The lead singer has a unique voice that is pleasing...not your typical Loretta Lynn TN voice, but closer to Alison Krauss. Band is excellent and the recording is superb!

Our other locals have made their mark (good or bad) and millions...that being Kenny Chesney and Dolly Parton. I'd like to see this band do well. Go and check them out and maybe buy their CD. Available thru BMG for those members. It may not be for everyone's tastes ...but I like them.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    Hey, I've still got BMG freebies to burn, so I'm in...

Started the day (late) with:
    The Tubes ... great album cover, but AMG's link is crossed some old salsa cover.. or something...
    EDIT: Found another...
    152446.jpg

Now on... Seatrain's 2nd self-titled (GREAT STUFF being readied for loan).

c10089a659e.jpg

as opposed to yesterday's 1st self-titled, which was a bit dissappointing, but needs at least one more spin to double check.

f69101h3au9.jpg

... and to be followed by their 3rd album...

f57172supb6.jpg

Been a while between spins of this'n, so will have to get back to you on the results of the search for filler...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2004
    Dream Theater - Train of Thought
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • shack
    edited October 2004
    Big Head Todd & the Monsters - Crimes of Passion

The latest from Todd. Pretty good stuff...not quite to the level of Sister Sweetly but on par with their other albums.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • landry_p2000
    edited October 2004
    The very best of Sade. Smooth Operator.

• Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    This AM... Eagles' Self titled debut... then the wife went to work and...

e23230krp6x.jpg

... then...

d55611gu740.jpg

Now "cooling down" to a little Kansas - "The Best of..."

Ya gots to pace yourself you know...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• MacLeod
    edited October 2004
    Type O Negative - October Rust
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    Without a doubt, one of the great, live RnR albums of all time...
    f23594jsz2c.jpg
    And at about 10 dB below reference levels... Now all I need are the drugs and sex...

EDIT: Does 98 dB +/- 2 = 10 bD below ref level???

EDIT2: and CDP is set on "Repeat Disk"...:D :D:D

More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• dcarlson
    edited October 2004
    Although I only have his greatest hits, I think Lou Reed rocks. Transformer is on my must have list but just haven't got it yet. ;)

I've got some Stones - Sticky Fingers going.

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • shack
    edited October 2004
    All SACDs in the changer tonight:

Johnny Winter - The Best Of Johnny Winter

Mary Chapin Carpenter - Time* Sex* Love*

The Police - Ghost In The Machine

• Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    Jackson Browne - "Late for the Sky" ,,, and none too loud...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• shack
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    Jackson Browne - "Late for the Sky" ,,, and none too loud...
    I have them all.....and this one is his BEST.....IMO.

• Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    Very good listen... Moved onto Bela Fleck's "Tales form the Acoustic Planet"... again, mellow stuff for the day after the night before...

Next... him with his Flecktones "Three Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest".... back with the electric banjo... picking up the pace alittle, without going crazy...
    This is the one Bela to try if you want to test his waters...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• TroyD
    edited October 2004
    Starting out this morning with Willie Nelson's Stardust on LP.....

BDT
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited October 2004
    Robben Ford - Supernatural

One of his best efforts, with Michael McDonald - excellent engineering and mix by Susan Rogers. HDCD
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited October 2004
    Roomful of Blues - Watch You When You Go

Let your SDA's show you what they're capable of. HDCD
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited October 2004
    The Derek Trucks Band - Joyful Noise

Perhaps the best slide player alive today. Solomon Burke's vocals will make a blues lover out of anyone.
  • dcarlson
    edited October 2004
    You guys play a lot of music I've never heard and probably won't have the chance to.

Lately, I've been coming back to the B.B. King 20th Century Masters Millenium Collection I picked up for cheap. I wouldn't say it's all that great of an album overall but it's definitely making me want to get more B.B. King.

• DAGLJAM6
    DAGLJAM6 Posts: 635
    edited October 2004
    NP'ing :Stravinsky's Firebird suite/Atlanta Symphony a above average performance and clean engineering giving the 10b's a little work out this a.m..

BTW, dcarlson, if your looking for a really good intro to B.B.King pick up "Blue on the Bayou" it's a studio album but extremely well done and has the Classic BB sound.
  • TroyD
    edited October 2004
    Now onto Dan Fogelberg 'The Innocent Age' on LP

'Leader of the Band' is one of my faves...

BDT
  • Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    So far this AM a 4-disc Mozart set... first three small ensemble stuff, quartets, etc., with the 4th a collection of his overtures. Very nice Sunday Morning... had an free hour of sleep line up...

Wife's gone so now it's time to step up the pace... and the volume...

Peter Gabriel - "Shaking the Tree Sixteen Golden Greats"

,,, that ought to do it...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• MacLeod
    edited October 2004
    Nightwish's newest CD - Once

• dcarlson
    edited October 2004
    Van Morrison - Moondance. Vinyl on tubes. :)

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by TroyD
    Now onto Dan Fogelberg 'The Innocent Age' on LP

'Leader of the Band' is one of my faves...

BDT

I love Leader of the Band....however, it's prettier when I play it on the piano.....right.....:D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520