Well...God has a pretty good sense of humor evidently...

Options
exalted512
exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited April 2014 in The Clubhouse
...as he seems to think I should be in charge of someone else's life.

IMG_20140416_220805.jpg

Had Brenda (the wife) tested yesterday and the doctor was like...

6a0120a4ea77cc970b01676154d8d3970b-800wi.jpg

Anyway, looks like motorcycle racing will be more limited than it already is, on the bright side - designated driver until November 20th!

All kidding aside, we're super excited (was planned). We were able to see the heart beat on Wednesday. She's a little over 8 weeks along. Her morning sickness hasn't been too bad (no throwing up) and she's learning how to manage it better, ie. eating a little bit if she starts feeling bad, so that's good. The doctor says that will subside in about 2 weeks.

On a side note, anyone have any baby Einstein recordings on vinyl? :P
-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Congrats Cody!!!!

It sure is a life changer...in a great and exciting way.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited April 2014
    Options
    exalted512 wrote: »
    -Cody

CONGRATS MAN!

Now its time to buy baby her first set of Grado headphones so baby can rock out and since they are open back so can mommy :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • exalted512
    edited April 2014
    Options
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    Congrats Cody!!!!

Yup! Already bought a go kart...you know...'for the baby'
    CONGRATS MAN!

Now its time to buy baby her first set of Grado headphones so baby can rock out and since they are open back so can mommy :smile:

I was thinking something along these lines.
    http://www.target.com/p/ritmo-pregnancy-audio-belt-black-green/-/A-14179332?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=google_pla_df&LNM=14179332&CPNG=Baby&kpid=14179332&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=14179332&gclid=CPHZhbGj6r0CFecWMgod42YAmQ
    -Cody
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,185
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Congrats. Its a life changer for sure.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • ratster
    ratster Posts: 324
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Main
    Parasound P5
    Parasound A21
    CA music streamer
    marantz 6005
    Clear Day dbl.shotgun
    Morrow Xlr
    1.7 Maggies

Bedroom
    adcom Gfp750
    Adcom 555
    Rotel 1072
    CA tuner
    LsiM703
    Clear day dbl shotgun
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited April 2014
    Options

Eh, I think you need to teach em quality audio while they are in still in the womb :wink:.

Also I suggest these t-shirts for mothersday :smile:

bc2c_loading_maternity.jpg

1919_little_ass_kicker_maternity_shirt.jpg

And one that personally would work for my wife and I

geek_inside_maternity.jpg
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Almost looks like the little feller is riding a motorcycle in there! Congrats Mom & Dad.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Oldfatdogs
    Oldfatdogs Posts: 1,874
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Congrats Cody!

Gonna have to build out more of that barn...... We raised 5 that are raising 5 so watch out, it can become quite a crazy cycle.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    edited April 2014
    Options
    AWESOME! Congrats Cody! Enjoy it!
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Future Pit Crew! (Or if you are Earl Hayden, Money in the bank! :cheesygrin:)

Congrats. Absolutely the best and worst thing you will have happen to you in your life. (By worst I mean watching all of your kids grow up and move away sucks...you will miss the days of having a live in beer runner. Hehe)
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    edited April 2014
    Options
    god bless you and the wife.

I cant imagine the blessings this child will bring to you.

so happy,

scott and deb
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    edited April 2014
    Options
    -Cody

Record Store Day Exclusive tomorrow :)

Rockabye Baby!
    ROCKABYE BABY! LULLABYE RENDITIONS OF DAVID BOWIE

Format: 12" Vinyl
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • zane77
    zane77 Posts: 1,696
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Congrats man to you and your wife
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV
  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    edited April 2014
    Options
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    edited April 2014
    Options
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Congratulations my man. That's some really exciting news!!! From the Reitz family to yours, congratulations. The joys of being a father from the moment you just experienced on are frustrating, pitiful, aggravating, nerve wrenching, gut twisting and just plain old the best damned thing one will ever experience. The moments from now on will be considered priceless....well some of them. Be sure to thank your wife everyday for giving you the one thing you can not accomplish by yourself. A family.

May God bless and again, congratulations!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Dawgfish
    Dawgfish Posts: 2,554
    edited April 2014
    Options
  • maggiefan
    maggiefan Posts: 223
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Great news, congrats!
    Larry
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited April 2014
    Options
    ...as he seems to think I should be in charge of someone else's life.

-Cody

Ha ha....if I could do it anyone can :^ /
    Congratulations!
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Congratulations on the great news!
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited April 2014
    Options
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    Congrats Cody!!!!

Ditto....he's going to have to change that screen name to "exhausted".

Congrats man, best wishes to you and yours.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Congrats Cody, the first one is awesome! (They all are but there it something extra special about the first). If you need a break just come up the road and drop the little bugger off with us. At that point we'll have so many we won't know the difference!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Congrats, man! Best wishes to you and your new world . . .

G
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • exalted512
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Thanks guys! I have a few more months to catch up on my sleep...haha. Unfortunately, with building the house myself, I don't get much as it is.
    -Cody
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,147
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Dang Cody, your wife isn't just giving birth to another racer, but a whole race bike to boot!!! Why can't I get one of those deals??

Speaking of racing, you've got three years to polish up your skills, I'm moving back to S.A. then, I'll use you for your track knowledge and then beat you with it :D

Congrats buddy!!
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • exalted512
    edited April 2014
    Options
    haha. Unfortunately, one of my favorite tracks, TWS, will be gone by then and a subdivision put in its place :(
    -Cody
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,147
    edited April 2014
    Options
    What????? Texas World Speedway? Gone? Don't talk to me like that Cody!!! You've got to be kidding me?? Dang man, that happened to West Wood raceway in Canada several years back, I loved that track, many great memories there, but now, it's a residential neighborhood.

Oh well, we'll just have to dice it out someplace else :)
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Congrats
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • exalted512
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    What????? Texas World Speedway? Gone? Don't talk to me like that Cody!!! You've got to be kidding me?? Dang man, that happened to West Wood raceway in Canada several years back, I loved that track, many great memories there, but now, it's a residential neighborhood.

You're telling me :(

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/article_f3d71416-b637-11e3-96a7-001a4bcf887a.html