RF HE2's

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited February 2004 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I am lookin for a decent but cheap 12" sub. I was considering the Punch HE2's. I have a MTX 4250D amp that will be pushing it. I like the DVC's so I can get max power to 1 sub. But I have never heard the He2's before, but i have heard the HE's. Bassically all Im askin is this sub any good?? I can get it online for like $80 so. Any other info would help me out alot. Thanx

Grip
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited February 2004
    Options
    i think rockford fosgate has a forum...
    -Cody
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited February 2004
    Options
    lmao, good work cody...

just go to your nearest best buy (unless you live in BFE there will be one within 30 min) and listen to them. i think they sound pretty decent but that's just my opinion
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2004
    Options
    i dont wanna burst anybody's proverbial bubble here, but the RF HE subs suck a fatty. the HX2's are loud as FK... they're good power handlers, not real clean, but loud... the HE's however are doggy doo.

if you want a DVC that you can put the full power of the mtx 250d to then i shall help u with that... the 250D will sling about 300 - 330 watts into a 2 ohm load at 14.4 volts ( car running ).

So what'll handle that?

Well... this sucks, but there isn't a DVC polk sub, so that's not an option.

a single polk baby momo mm2104 or 2124 would be great, but again, they're only single 4 ohm coil.

so alas, we're left with the following.

JBL GT100D / JBL GT120D

Image Dynamics IDQ V3 D4 (10" or 12")

MTX 6000 10 or 12" - 61044 or 61244

MTX 4500 dual 4 ohm 10 or 12

you can get an mtx 6000 dual 4 ohm for MEGA CHEAP -- just get an open box / refurb / whatever from www.mitekfactoryoutlet.com --- i got a single 4 ohm coil 12" 6000 for 35 bucks + 5 shipping... i was happy. 150 dollar sub for 40.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • TheAudioSpectru
    TheAudioSpectru Posts: 57
    edited February 2004
    Options
    We carried RF at the shop at one time in day...Alls im going to say is we got a lil smarter and stopped....