Along Came a Spider

Options
Aaron
Aaron Posts: 1,853
edited December 2001 in Music & Movies
This movie has been out for awhile, but I didn't get around to renting it until last night. It stars Morgan Freeman as he continues his role from "Kiss the Girls." The movie really isn't a sequel, just the same character (kinda like Jack Ryan in the Tom Clancy series). Anyway, I thought the movie was excellent. It's a detective thriller movie that keeps you guessing. I like Morgan Freeman in roles like this (e.g. Seven). I'm not going to say any more about the movie other than it's definitely worth the rent.

Aaron
Post edited by Aaron on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2001
    Options
    I watched it about a week ago....I thought it was pretty good, right up until the hottie sparked up. What's up with that?? Seriously, it was one of the better movies I have seen lately. IMO, Morgan Freeman is the man. Easy Reader, baby.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited December 2001
    Options
    I thought it was a typical cookie-cutter who-done it thriller/murder mystery. Nothing special.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited December 2001
    Options
    Lame, Ron. Right from the phoney **** CGI car crash at the beginning. Hello, special effects? Please stop payment on that check. Even Morgan Freeman couldn't save this one.

And Troy,
    Easy Reader, baby.
    That is THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE SEEN IN WEEKS! I am rolling on the floor! What an incredible, MST3k-caliber cultural reference!

LOL!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited December 2001
    Options
    I'll admit that the CGI crash looked pretty fake and was too over-dramatic, but why do you two (Ron and Micah) think the movie was lame? I didn't see those plot twists coming. Sure, the movie didn't do anything truly unique, but I thought it was just a good moviel.

Aaron
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2001
    Options
    Thank you, thank very much, I will be here all week..............

I still thought FX aside that the plot was pretty good. Not an all time great but I think it is far and away better than a lot of the drivel that has been put out over the last several months, ie. Hannibal, PH, Tomb Raider etc. etc. etc...........

back in the day Morgan had the 'fro goin' on!

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited December 2001
    Options
    i enjoyed this movie as well. thought it was well thought out. the car crash in the opening sequence had me seriously doubting the movie though at first.... and a couple of people told me it stank, so when i finally watched it, i had no expectations to like it, so that could have helped, but i've watched it 2 times so far and it is a pretty good movie...
  • SPEAKER7
    SPEAKER7 Posts: 355
    edited December 2001
    Options
    I just purchased a USED copy at the video store (times are tough right now....have to save some money to buy a new tv)....I thought the movie was pretty good......not one of the best that I have seen but I was a wake throught out the movie!

dc.