New speakers from Monster Power?

Options
jrausch
jrausch Posts: 510
edited February 2004 in Speakers
We will be the first to carry this new line of speakers starting Friday. I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on the looks. The sound is supposed to be similar to the Martin Logan's. Noel lee apparently has been working on these for the past 6years and is a huge fan of the Logan's.

If you like the looks and want more, I will post pics of the surrounds and the corner loaded Godfather subwoofer. Noel will be in on thursday to start us off with a new room filled with all of his new products. Should be a sweet setup. I will take some pics when the room is done and post them as well. Frank you are more than welcome to come up and check out this new $150,000 system.

:cool:
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
Post edited by jrausch on

Comments

• fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Looks cool man. They are calling them M*Design, aren't they? Where do you work anyway?
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited February 2004
    Options
    That's neat that MC is getting into that area of audio. Why does that look familiar..hmmm. I will also say that they will have some trouble getting over some common MC stigma and bad press. I am sure Noel Lee and his minions will have the merchandising machine rolling, they have alot of money for marketing and the like.

I would leave any real impressions to the listener, as always. One will certainly have some obstacles to overcome telling people you own Monster Cable speakers, regardless of a re-badged moniker.

Imagine the scenario...."Yeah, I just bought some new Monster Cable, M-Design speakers."...."Really, what are those?"...."Really, that's cool, I have a Monster Cable subwoofer cable."...."Really, I think they suck, I use Signal Cable." :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Looks cool. Didn't Monster release a line of power amps not too long ago? Is this what you're going to power them with?

Maurice
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2004
    Options
    150 large?

Yeah, o-k.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • jrausch
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Fire: I work for SoundTrack Colorado A.K.A. Ultimate Electronics. Yes, the new badge is M-design. This includes the full range of speakers and the Italian designed A/V furniture and a new leather action couch.

Organ: Monster does have power amps. We are one of the few places in the country to have them. They are sold in two and three channel configurations 2499 and 2999 respectively. As for the amps and my personal take on them, I think they are worthy amps and they have a very cool look to them. Designed by Richard Marsh, they perform with virtually limitless power reserves as they are rated at 250 continuous watts per, but I have personally pushed the peak power to 700 per driving the Kef 207’s with no clipping. I dig them so much in fact I’m selling my Adcom 5802 because the 2 channel Monster smokes the Adcom with a much faster attack, more reserves; they stay fairly cool even when you push them hard. I can fry an egg with the 5802 after 20 minutes. Plus Monster also uses Mos-fet’s to give you that smooth top end and creamy center.

I will try to hook up with FrankZ sometime in the near future. I would like to work with him in writing up an honest review of the amp.

Do I think Noel gets a premium for his cables? Hell yes, he makes a fortune off of patents he created for his cables. Because we all know signal cable sets the standard for price point. The one thing I can say about these new products is he didn’t skimp on quality and build. If this stuff shows up in your neck of the woods shed some of that Monster cable skepticism and give it a fair shake. You might just like what see and hear.

Russ: The entire demo line showing up is worth 150 large, not just the speaks and amps. I know...... "Still sounds like too much F*+%I&G! money for Monster".
    :D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited February 2004
    Options
    ".....a new leather action couch."

Less friction for the horizontal bop??? :p
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jrausch
    edited February 2004
    Options
    ...For a 150 you better get some action.....:D
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Are they going to show up at all the Ultimate stores? I'd like to get to listen to them sometime.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by jrausch
    ...For a 150 you better get some action.....:D

For 150 LARGE you'd better get a super model who can cook like Wolfgang Puck, cleans the house to sterility, and will let you brush your hair in the reflection of her tonsils;)

No really, I was in a high showroom for HT, and out of curiosty I asked what they ahd on the floor. the guy said he had around 250 K out. He wouldn't let me check out the alarm system, though:D
  • setzer808
    setzer808 Posts: 173
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Looks VERY similar to those new slim hi-tech towers Def-Tech is making.
    Polk CS245i Center
    Polk RT55i Mains
    Polk RT25i Rears
    Polk PSW-350 Sub -in storage.
    Yamaha RX-V681 A/V Reciever
    Sony SCD-CE595 SACD Player
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Setzer - Thank you! That's is the one I was trying to think of....damn this memory :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • setzer808
    setzer808 Posts: 173
    edited February 2004
    Options
    No prob. :-)
    Polk CS245i Center
    Polk RT55i Mains
    Polk RT25i Rears
    Polk PSW-350 Sub -in storage.
    Yamaha RX-V681 A/V Reciever
    Sony SCD-CE595 SACD Player