Just for movies or good for movie listening

hardwaterhunter
hardwaterhunter Posts: 8
edited February 2014 in Headphones
Are there over the ear headphones that anyone recommendeds for use while listening to and watching a movie at home. Right now there are times that I want to use my theater room but the kids are in bed and the old lady is watching soemthing that requires her complete and undevided attention. After reading some posts I was hoping to find something on headphones designed for the movie watcher bit I was unsuccessful, I would spend up to $300 on a pair or more if they are highly recommended. I suppose I could attempt some sound proofing but for now I think a good set of headphones just might do the trick.
My Room
monitor65T CS2 Rm8
SA-W2500
BDP-S5100
DW339DLP M120HSR-PRO SERIES
Post edited by hardwaterhunter on

Comments

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited February 2014
    Welcome to Club Polk!

You'd need a good closed back can that has decent isolation. Some HPs to try:

Beyerdynamic DT 770
    Sennheiser Momentums (the larger ones)
    Sony MDR-1R
    AKG K-550

See if you can listen to some of these. And choose what sounds best to "you"?

Others will chime in!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited February 2014
    Another choice I like are the Sennheiser R160 :) they are cordless and I think the sound pretty dang good, and mine work perfectly all around the house even though they have this little base unit that just set next to or on top of your AVR and their only $147 on amazon. the sound from them is super clean and the best cordless heldset's I've heard...I also have the R180's which sound even better but their more open design bleeds more noise and there like about $270.

I don't have my R160's anymore cause my sister borrowed them and like them some much see would not give them back , she just said thanks for the gift :) I really enjoy them.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD