Alternative to Google Music? Cloud Storage/player unlimited??

Options
rromeo923
rromeo923 Posts: 1,513
edited February 2014 in Going Digital
I use Google Music to listen to my flac files thru my phone/tablet in my car. It has a limit of 20,000 files you can upload. I am also not super excited about the player etc.
I have a bit more than 20,000 files. Is there an alternative that works similarly but allows unlimited files or at least a bit more? Is there a better player for my android devices that can access my google music/cloud files??

Thanks
I got static in my head
The reflected sound of everything
Post edited by rromeo923 on

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Wow do you really need more than 20k files on the go? As far as apps, what don't u like about it? I've uses it for years and then it works just fine. The only alternative I know of is melodies but its only for iPhones. As far as cloud alternatives go, you'll have to pay and I doubt it will be as easy to access on your phone. Basically the alternative is itunes, and you'll have to pay for atorage and use crappy itunes...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • rromeo923
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I almost always listen on shuffle so I liked to be surprised by what I hear next. So the more the better. I have so many files a good amount of them I have never heard. However on occasion if I want to hear a specific album and it isnt in the 20,000 I am out of luck. Oh well, the fact that I can even have this type of complaint is awesome. Love the technology.
    I got static in my head
  • rromeo923
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I found a server/player called Subsonic that seems to fit the bill for now. Check it out. It has some cool features allowing you to share any and all of your digital music collection and videos/movies etc. To access these features it cost $1 a month. Actually it is free to try for first 30days. The program itself is free.
    I got static in my head
  • JohnObrain55
    Options
    If you want to move playlist from spotify to deezer or vice versa then use Musconvtool which i personally tried. It’s a great tool.