Murfie Music, Lossless streaming on SONOS

RamZetRamZet Posts: 776
edited March 2014 in Going Digital
I came across a music service inside my Sonos Labs (beta) called Murfie HiFi. They have a normal app call Murfie. The HiFi app less you stream your murfie music at CD quality.

Some awesome features of Murfie
Buy CDs from the website (one click buy)-store physical copy at Murfie or have shipped ( can be shipped later if you change your mind)
Used CD option for less money next to buy option
Trade music with other users
Sell music to other users
un-buy music within 24 hours
Send all your CDs in and have them ripped to your account at CD quality
Send in your vinyls and have them ripped to your account.
Store your CDs/vinyls at Murfie or have them shipped back
Have all your ripped music sent back to you on a HDD
Download you CD in MP3, FLAC, ACC,or ALAC
They will get your scratch CDs repaired so they can rip them

www.murfie.com

https://www.murfie.com/landing/sonos

Im just pumped I can finally stream CD quality music to Sonos over the interweb with zero hassle.
B&W
B&K
Post edited by RamZet on

Comments

  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,428
    edited February 2014
    Why exactly can't you rip your cd's yourself into a lossless "cd quality" format and stream to your Sonos ? You can already buy music anywhere and add to your library, so I'm not so sure of the benefits here.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

    Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

    Kitchen

    Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • StantonZStantonZ Posts: 393
    edited March 2014
    tonyb wrote: »
    Why exactly can't you rip your cd's yourself into a lossless "cd quality" format and stream to your Sonos ? You can already buy music anywhere and add to your library, so I'm not so sure of the benefits here.

    +1 to be honest, ripping is half the fun!
    Yamaha RX-A2050 AVR (5.0.2)
    (4) Polk Monitor 10B's w/SoniCaps, Mills, and RDO-194 tweets (R/L F/R)
    (2) Polk Monitor 4's w/peerless tweets (Top Middle)
    Polk CS300 center channel
    Analog: B&O TX2 Turntable, Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1
    Digital: Pioneer CLD-99 Elite LD, Panasonic DMP-UB900 UHD Blu-Ray
    LG 65EF9500 4K OLED
  • KaylaKayla Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    I work at Murfie as you can see and totally love it for many reasons :-)

    I have 210 CDs that have been ripped in FLAC and are currently stored at Murfie off my shelves, and 1 vinyl album that's been ripped and returned to me (it's pretty sentimental so I want the physical disc at home).

    There's a few reasons why you should let Murfie rip your CDs vs. doing it yourself:

    -error recovery and accurate rip (Murfie cleans CDs and uses accurate rip technology to get perfect files)
    -backing up data (Murfie will always keep a backup of your ripped files, whether or not you decide to store your physical discs there)
    -bit rate (Murfie uses 256 kbps for mp3 downloads, and 320kbps for streaming - high bit rates)
    -TIME - How much time would it take to rip a huge collection? Some people have thousands of CDs...
  • ambiophonicsambiophonics Posts: 659
    edited March 2014
    So murfie streams the CD quality rips at 320kbps? But that's not CD quality...
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL full upgrades, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Chromecast Audio (optical), Bugle II phono pre, Technics SL-1500 w/ M97XE
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,428
    edited March 2014
    Kayla wrote: »
    I work at Murfie as you can see and totally love it for many reasons :-)

    I have 210 CDs that have been ripped in FLAC and are currently stored at Murfie off my shelves, and 1 vinyl album that's been ripped and returned to me (it's pretty sentimental so I want the physical disc at home).

    There's a few reasons why you should let Murfie rip your CDs vs. doing it yourself:





    -error recovery and accurate rip (Murfie cleans CDs and uses accurate rip technology to get perfect files)
    -backing up data (Murfie will always keep a backup of your ripped files, whether or not you decide to store your physical discs there)
    -bit rate (Murfie uses 256 kbps for mp3 downloads, and 320kbps for streaming - high bit rates)
    -TIME - How much time would it take to rip a huge collection? Some people have thousands of CDs...

    320 kbps ? On your own cd rips ? Sorry friend, that sucks considering you can get well over 1000 kbps ripping yourself. Plus with storage devices being so cheap these days.....whats the point besides not having to bother with any of this yourself ? Also, should Murfie go out of business, what then to all those stored files ? Lost ?

    So basically you want people to pay you an on going fee, to rip peoples cd's to less than cd quality and store it for them. Why should anyone pay someone to do something they can easily do themselves.....and better ? If your here to sell Murfie, your going to have to do better than that.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

    Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

    Kitchen

    Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • KaylaKayla Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    Murfie rips in FLAC. When you stream your collection, you have two options:

    - 320kbps mp3
    - FLAC streaming via Sonos and VOCO

    The lossless FLAC streaming isn't free, but a favorite of audiophiles :-)

    Also, if Murfie goes out of business, all members will get their CDs returned to them. You can check the Terms on the site to see that info. https://www.murfie.com/terms

    When RamZet first commented, Murfie HiFi (the FLAC streaming service) was in Sonos Labs, but now it's out in the regular list of music services. Looking forward to seeing what people think of this!
  • RamZetRamZet Posts: 776
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, you can rip your own CDs but can you stream all your CD from your phone, Sonos, & web browser from anywhere in the world?

    The Murfie CD store is awesome too, great deals, great return policy, great trade and sell back options too.
    B&W
    B&K
  • RamZetRamZet Posts: 776
    edited March 2014
    Kayla wrote: »
    Murfie rips in FLAC. When you stream your collection, you have two options:

    - 320kbps mp3
    - FLAC streaming via Sonos and VOCO

    The lossless FLAC streaming isn't free, but a favorite of audiophiles :-)

    Also, if Murfie goes out of business, all members will get their CDs returned to them. You can check the Terms on the site to see that info. https://www.murfie.com/terms

    When RamZet first commented, Murfie HiFi (the FLAC streaming service) was in Sonos Labs, but now it's out in the regular list of music services. Looking forward to seeing what people think of this!

    Kayla, small word.
    You replied to my support ticket back in February.

    This is another awesome feature from Murfie. There is a small box in the lower right hand corner of the web store that you can type any question in to, press send and someone like Kayla will get right back to you.
    B&W
    B&K
  • KaylaKayla Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    Heck yes, RamZet! I'm seriously glad to help anytime.

    I'm also really glad you understand our concept. As a new and very unique music service, the challenge is conveying what we do, so that people can understand the true benefit of anytime/anywhere access to music in a variety of ways.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!