The Last of Us

MrNightly
MrNightly Posts: 3,370
edited April 2014 in Video Games
Did any one else play this game? I recently finished it, and man, was it good.

Very emotional. Naughty Dog is simply the best production company out there for games lately.

If you are even slightly into games, this on the PS3 is well worth the monies and time.
Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
Stuff...

RTi12's - front
CSi5 - center
FXi3's - surrounds
RTi4's - surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
Denon 3805
Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

Post edited by MrNightly on

Comments

• aboroth00
    aboroth00 Posts: 1,103
    edited February 2014
    Great game! You really cared for Joel and Ellie at the end. Can't say that for most other games or even MOVIES! Either way you knew it was going to be heartbreaking...

I always thought Uncharted series are superb games but wow TLOU is an even more special treat.
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • MrNightly
    edited February 2014
    aboroth00 wrote: »
    Great game! You really cared for Joel and Ellie at the end. Can't say that for most other games or even MOVIES! Either way you knew it was going to be heartbreaking...

I always thought Uncharted series are superb games but wow TLOU is an even more special treat.

Very true... and Uncharted and TLOU are both by NaughtyDog. I can't wait to see what they release next.
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• aboroth00
    edited February 2014
    MrNightly wrote: »
    Very true... and Uncharted and TLOU are both by NaughtyDog. I can't wait to see what they release next.

Like wise... Another installment of UC is coming next but there are rumors of a TLOU spin off or sequel. There's the DLC coming next week as well.
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • MrNightly
    edited February 2014
    Ya, I usually get time to play one game a year. This was my xmas present to myself this year, and man, was it worth it!

Good news Skip, is that by time we are able to play all the games we want to, they will probably PAY US to take them off their hands :) Ha.
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• MrNightly
    edited February 2014
    Oooh, I hadn't heard about the new Uncharted coming out. That is good news indeed.

I've seen the DLC for TLOU. I'm sure it will be solid.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/15/the-last-of-us-single-player-dlc-revealed?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    edited February 2014
    Love the game. Playing it tonight! All three Drakes Uncharted are revolutionary amazing games with the best graphics! Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2014
    If you have a PS3, this game is a must-have. So many amazing scenes. Only wish is that I had played thru it on the hardest difficulty to really capture that sense of surviving that the game strives for.

And the giraffes... must have had something in my eye.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited February 2014
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Love the game. Playing it tonight! All three Drakes Uncharted are revolutionary amazing games with the best graphics! Peace. D
    I've never played any of the Drakes Uncharted games, but a friend of mine loved them. Any of ya'll ever play Bioshock 2? I've always heard that that game really draws you in to the characters and the music is great. Gotta love the song " Dream" by The Pied Pipers at the end.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    edited February 2014
    It's called "Grounded " the making of Last of us. The making of the game documentary is free on Amazon video service. Awesome view into the creative process. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • MrNightly
    edited February 2014
    If you have a PS3, this game is a must-have. So many amazing scenes. Only wish is that I had played thru it on the hardest difficulty to really capture that sense of surviving that the game strives for.

And the giraffes... must have had something in my eye.

That's a really great idea. I couldn't beat it on that level I don't think. It was crazy hard on normal for me.
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited April 2014
    Just heard this was coming out for PS4, sweet deal. Loved it the first time around and was planning on playing it again soon. Will definitly be going through on Survivor mode this time.
  • broadsword001
    broadsword001 Posts: 10
    edited April 2014
    no but need 10 posts to pm someone sorry
  • adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    I just got this on Monday for PS4. I am hooked! This game kicks butt. I am not a skilled gamer though, so it takes me a long time to run through the story. I'm just shy of 50% and have logged 9+ hours on it. What a fun ride so far.
  • Polkie2009
    Anybody know if this game is co-op split screen?
  • aboroth00
    No it isn't. The singleplayer is again single player only.
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • Polkie2009
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the info aboroth00, I really wish Sony would think about all of the customers that got their Playstation empire to where it is by playing the games with actual real friends in the room on splitscreen. Honestly, I've been disappointed with the games Sony has released in the past 2 or 3 years compared to some of the older games. Two games I actually did_ enjoy that wasn't co op was Battlefield Bad Company 1 and 2. And they've been out for what, 5 years or so???
  • aboroth00
    Yeah... I recently purchased Helldivers for 20$ off PS. It's a pretty fun and in depth top down shooter you can play with up to 4 people locally or on the internet. Check it out if that interests you.
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    The last of us may be the best game I've ever played, even behind skyrim and gta....
  • Picked this up over Black Friday weekend on PS4. Still trying to make it through Shadow of Mordor and Infamous before starting this one. I've heard nothing but amazing things!
  • Polkie2009
    Might have to check out The Last Of Us when I get a PS4. Too bad it isn't co-op splitscreen.