Fs Car Subs/box & Amp

Options
Drewsmith
Drewsmith Posts: 160
edited February 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Two 12" Orion XTR 3's, serious subs, in sealed box. Probably 2 years old, subs still pound. Plus AURA 2x170 watt amp to power them. Will sell seperatly. All orgionally owned by me New car and getting a little old for this stuff.

Subs and Box $200.00
Amp $200.00

Not sure if the sub and box could be shipped. Will ship amp.

See pics here

http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15749
Epson 8100
Directv HR24
WDTV
ONKYO 608
POLK RTI70 Mains
POLK CSI40 Center
POLK RTI28 Surround
HSU STF-2
Post edited by Drewsmith on

Comments

• Drewsmith
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Price DROP

$150.00 for subs & Box
    $150.00 Amp

Just want these out of my basement strorage area.
    Epson 8100
    Directv HR24
    WDTV
    ONKYO 608
    POLK RTI70 Mains
    POLK CSI40 Center
    POLK RTI28 Surround
    HSU STF-2
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2004
    Options
    it's one thing for people who've been on this forum for a while and who've contributed to the car audio forum to offer their polk material for sale ... its even ok to see them offer their other brand material for sale...

but a guy with 24 posts who i've never seen in here before hauking his no name brand amp makes me wanna take a dump in my monitor.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Drewsmith
    edited February 2004
    Options
    NO name brand amp LOL if you havent heard of AURA you have some serious issues.. Maybe its not me that needs to learn something about car audio.

http://www.aurasound.com/

maybe this will help you on your way.

Go to some concerts and check out what subs are used, many of them are Aura subs.

There new Mobile Reference line amps are also "Auto Sound" Grand Prix award winners.

Heres a little more on the subs
    http://www.aurasound.com/documents/images/art_tothetest.jpg

http://www.aurasound.com/documents/images/art_rolling.jpg

More on there speakers and components

http://www.aurasound.com/documents/images/art_mobileref.jpg

No name HUH LOL
    Epson 8100
    Directv HR24
    WDTV
    ONKYO 608
    POLK RTI70 Mains
    POLK CSI40 Center
    POLK RTI28 Surround
    HSU STF-2
  • Drewsmith
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Epson 8100
    Directv HR24
    WDTV
    ONKYO 608
    POLK RTI70 Mains
    POLK CSI40 Center
    POLK RTI28 Surround
    HSU STF-2
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2004
    Options
    actually the 'kings' of concert audio are JBL.

and i wont comment on Aura as i've yet to hear them, but from the links you posted, they don't look like anything spectacular.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited February 2004
    Options
    I've heard of Aura gear but to find the stuff worth writing home about, you'll have to go back to the era of Hair Bands. Not too incredibly spectacular now.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Drewsmith
    edited February 2004
    Options
    No where in my post did I mention them being spectacular or anything of the sort. It is a decent reliable amp, and powered 2 12" XTRS with no trouble. When I was heavily into car audio, my system was complimented many times.

I'm just trying to sell my stuff since I have no use for it. If someone wants a good system for cheap, this would more than give them that, at a fraction of the cost I paid.
    Epson 8100
    Directv HR24
    WDTV
    ONKYO 608
    POLK RTI70 Mains
    POLK CSI40 Center
    POLK RTI28 Surround
    HSU STF-2
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Dude, I wasn't directing it at you or anyone in particular. Just offering another view. Aura has been around a while and they do have a fairly decent reputation. I don't think it as good as you are claiming but as like what has happened to so many other companies of fame in the late 80's/early 90's, Aura has slipped.

But Aura was an honorable mention in the concert venues. JBL, Altec Lansing and Klipsch ruled the venues for a long time and in some a few places JBL is still king. I still see Aura being used but most in PA systems for stadiums and such.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited February 2004
    Options
    just cause something is good in concert halls doesn't nesicarly mean that they're gonna make good car audio. look at sony for instance, they make excelent TV's and their home audio isn't bad but their car audio is absolutely worthless.

not downing aura cause i've never looked into them, just saying that your logic didnt add up on that argument. post specs if you want us to believe it's good
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • Drewsmith
    edited February 2004
    Options
    AMP SOLD
    Epson 8100
    Directv HR24
    WDTV
    ONKYO 608
    POLK RTI70 Mains
    POLK CSI40 Center
    POLK RTI28 Surround