Planet Audio?

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited February 2004 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone has heard of planet audio, and if so, if you know about their subs with the yellow fabric crap in the middle with the cone (go on their website if you want a pic, www.planetaudiousa.com) I have the oppourtunity to buy two of those subs for $400.00 canadian, andim just wondering if anyone knows anythhing about them. oh i also have a planet audio 1250 Watt amp i bought from my buddy for $300.00 canadian.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Can't really say, I have heard of them before but only from the cheesy rip-off shops in downtown Philly that are usually selling hot or illegal equipment. I can't say much beyond the fact that they put up decent numbers. They don't list much more than the basic info, no detailed specs, so its hard to say.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2004
    Options
    I know the one i have isnt a ripoff, my buddy has a friend who works for palnet audio and thats how i ended up hearing about it. my buddy has 2 10" planet audio subs in his mustang and they pound like heck. if i dont end up buying the planet audio sub, any idea on a good sub (or subs) i should look in to, that would be powerd within the maiximum range with my 1250watt amp? i want it to be loud....very loud.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Planet audio is a decent company.... I had a tube amp by them at one time... was pretty nice. If ya like them..get them. thier amps are pretty nice. thier subs are stroker imitators
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2004
    Options
    vega strokers weren't bad at all though thomas... not the nicest sounding thing on earth, but f-in loud by any standard! ... then again i'm more the balance between loud and tonal happiness... loud and muddy isn't to my liking...

whatever u end up hbuying... just be sure that u'll be happy with it... otherwise dont waste your cash.

for 400 canadian you can't get much though -- maybe a hot dog and a beer... so considering that, go ahead.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited February 2004
    Options
    if you pass on those you could take a look at one 12" Diamond Audio TDX, the Adire Brama, or the ID Max...
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.