Parasound and Simaudio stuff

Options
mopar paul
mopar paul Posts: 277
edited February 2014 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Well it’s time to move up the ladder another notch, so my beloved system needs to go to make room. The following CD player, Pre-amp and Amp were all purchased new by me from Tone Studio in Indianapolis, IN-an authorized dealer. All components are in EXCELLENT like new condition, and come from a smoke, pet, and kid free environment-in fact I’m the only one who has ever usedthese, as my wife won’t touch them.

When I purchased these units, I shopped other brands extensively, bringing several rigs home to evaluate with my speakers and couldn’t top them for the money. The Parasound Halo line has a 10/5 year warranty and the Simaudio player has a 10 year warranty. All have the original boxes, remotes, manuals and cords. I can ship anywhere you are willing to pay for or we can work out other arrangements if your close to southern Indiana.

You can email me at moparnut@insightbb.com of your interested. Please don’t email me with low ball offers, I don’t need to sell any of this stuff. I have tried to price it fair, knowing you will get like-new stuff, with a known history!

Simaudio CD-1 player ($1750.00 new) Selling for $850.00
This is an extremely neutral CD player. Simaudio builds almost everything in house and the build quality is superb. It has all kind of excellent reviews, so I won’t bore you anymore, but here’s some specs.

2013 The Absolute Sound Editors Choice Award under $2000.00 CD players and said “ Musicality is the name of the game here. The player delivers a pleasingly warm tonality that’s absolutely free of any glaze or hash. At the same time, detail is terrific, and dynamics, both large- and small-scale, are outstanding, resulting in natural rhythmic flow and high listener engagement.”

DAC / Digital Filter BurrBrown PCM1793
Frequency Response (audible) 20Hz - 20kHz +0/-0.2dB
Frequency Response (full range) 2Hz - 72kHz +0/-3dB
THD @ 1kHz, 0dBFS (A-weighted) < 0.002 %
IMD < 0.005 %
Dynamic Range > 110dB
Signal-to-noise ratio > 110dB @ full output
Slew Rate 50V/µs
Channel Separation > 106dB
Low Level Linearity < ±1.0dB at -120dBFS
Intrinsic Jitter < 300 picoseconds RMS

Parasound Halo P3 preamp and A21 amp combo-($2950.00 new) Selling for $1950.00
(I do not want to separate)

I don’t think I have to say much about these as they are very well known for killer quality and build, plenty of stuff out there to read about them, but in short they get rave reviews.

Editors' Choice Award Winner 2013 - The Absolute Sound Magazine
"Best Solid-State Amplifier" 2008/2009 - The Absolute Sound Magazine

◾Continuous power output (20 Hz - 20 kHz): 250 watts RMS x 2 at 8 ohms, 400 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms, 750 watts RMS x 1 (bridged mono mode) at 8 ohms
◾Current capacity: 60 amperes peak per channel
◾Power bandwidth: 5 Hz - 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB at 1 watt
◾Total harmonic distortion: < 0.2 % at full power
◾IM distortion: < 0.04 %
◾Slew rate: >130 V / µsecond
◾Dynamic headroom: > 1.5 dB
◾Interchannel crosstalk: > 80 dB at 1 kHz; > 63 dB at 20 kHz
◾Input sensitivity: 1 V for 28.28 V, THX Reference Level
◾Input impedance: 33 k ohm unbalanced; 66 k ohm balanced
◾S/N ratio: > 112 dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted
◾Damping factor: > 1100 at 20 Hz
◾Voltage: 110V – 120V
◾Dimensions: 17.25" wide, 7.625" high (7" without feet), 19.12" deep
◾Weight: 80 lbs.
THANKS!
PAUL
Post edited by mopar paul on

Comments

• mopar paul
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Parasound stuff is SOLD

CD player new price is$750.00 and I'll throw in shipping.

Paul
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I did a review of the SimAudio CD-1's little brother, the .5 and if there is two things that are true of all SimAudio gear is that it clean and musical.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I'd be all over the CD player if I had a need.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mopar paul
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Thanks guys for the bumps-ok, here's the final deal for Polkies-$695.00 shipped.

If I don't sell it at this price, I'll just keep it for another room.

Cheers,
    Paul