SAE Mark XXXIb (31b) 2ch Amp

RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited February 2004 in Flea Market
Vintage SAE Mark XXXIB (31b) 2ch amp. This amp has a ton of history behind it, the guys that made SAE went on to make the acclaimed GAS, and now have a role in the design of the Outlaw amps.

50 wpc cont / 8ohm, works like a charm. The light on the face has gone out - I haven't popped the hood to take a look at how easy or not it would be to fix. When it was lit, it was a gorgeous blue.

Top right corner is slightly bent, and a couple small scratches on the facia. Still very presentable, I guess I'm trying to say its not *perfect*, but still looks ok and works great.

Dollar a watt - $100 packed to widstand an atomic blast, shipped UPS insured, lower 48. Local pickup encouraged, and price will be adjusted accordingly.

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    edited January 2004
    Re-thinking the deal a little, I feel like I didn't make this one quite sweet enough.

I'll do $75 shipped - otherwise it's off to the bay' middle of next week.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • VE6OHV
    VE6OHV Posts: 119
    edited January 2004
    I am interested in the SAE - if you are willing to ship it to Canada. (I prefer USPS for cross boarder - the brokerage won't kill me)
    Let me know if this is possible

Thanks
    Steve
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2004
    Anything is possible, I'll do what I've done for other members in the Great White North.

Add $10, I'll ship it 'up there' via USPS, if that is the method you prefer.

Oh, and my PM box is cleaned up now.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • MATTKNIGHT3
    MATTKNIGHT3 Posts: 29
    edited February 2004
    This sounds enticing, let me know if you dont work something out with VE60HE. Dont wanna step on anyones toes here. Thanks alot.

Matt
    Home theater:
    Harmon/Kardon, Rotel, NAD, Panasonic, Polk RT 55i's, RT35i's and Csi40
  • VE6OHV
    edited February 2004
    Well guys here is the deal.

I scored the NAD 2200 that I have been watching for (thanks Hoosier and OOp245). That means that I no longer have a *need* for the SAE. Being as I live in Canada I thought that I would see if anyone on this forum would like to buy it and save on cross border shipping.

Russ has graciously offered to hold on to this unit and ship it from the states for me.

I sent Russ a bank draft for $85.00 USD (the extra for shipping to Canada) - so How does $75.00 USD shipped within the USA and Russman can buy $10 bucks worth of the apple juice that you guys call beer.... :)

Thanks
    Steve

BTW I have sent Matt a PM on this and will give him 1st shot at it as he was the last one to express interest.
  • VE6OHV
    edited February 2004
    POOF and it is gone again!

Thanks Matt - Hope you make it home safe.

and a HUGE THANK YOU to Russman for bailing my **** out.

This guy is one stand up Mo-Fo!
  • VE6OHV
    edited February 2004
    WOW - Cudos to Matt - SUPER fast payment - Thanks -
  • MATTKNIGHT3
    edited February 2004
    Thanks for the great deal. I hope this thing works well for my surround setup. If not I guess I'll have to build a 2 channel setup!
    Home theater:
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2004
    Pm'd both you guys the tracking info.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • MATTKNIGHT3
    edited February 2004
    Thanks to the both of you!
    Home theater: