I REALLY, REALLY WISH I CAN TEST POLK AUDIO 4 SHOTS on GHOST

Options
GAMEPHRENIC GOD
GAMEPHRENIC GOD Posts: 53
edited January 2014 in Video Games
Greetings,

IF you are listening. I would like to test these headsets out on Call of Duty GHOST. Our Team just finished 3rd in the Platinum Division for Clan Wars. Ofcourse I am playing on the XBOXONE.

I have some Lieutenants that I have been playing with for 9 plus years. We are looking to take first in the next Clan Wars, once the DLC comes in on January 28th.

I would do anything for my Lieutenants, within reason. They would do anything for me.

Can we please test these headsets. IF they are everything that is hoped to be. We will give you all the tweets, Youtubes and Real Hardcore Gamers, know us on Hardcore Search and Rescue. Its all about team!

Let me Know, Polk Audio. Please!
Post edited by GAMEPHRENIC GOD on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Hello GG,
    I've forwarded your post to Polk HQ, because of inclement weather I'm not sure how many folks are there today.
    Regards, Ken
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Not even worth it.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • GAMEPHRENIC GOD
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thanks.

I am in Boston, we will receive a little bit of your weather. But, Baltimore is Baltimore!

Hello GG,
    I've forwarded your post to Polk HQ, because of inclement weather I'm not sure how many folks are there today.
    Regards, Ken
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited January 2014
    Options
    You only took 3rd in your division on Platinum? What's your clan?
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited January 2014
    Options
    It's strange, this guy's posts aren't really spam, but they sure FEEL like span...
  • kuntasensei
    edited January 2014
    Options
    It's strange, this guy's posts aren't really spam, but they sure FEEL like span...
    It's like... bizarre reverse spam. He's here solely to try to snake some free headphones, from what I can tell. Don't get me wrong... I'm curious about the Polk headsets as well, but I'm not about to go begging Polk to try one out gratis. I've got a 9.1 Polk setup to game on already. :)
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • GAMEPHRENIC GOD
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Well, We only took "3rd", but I clearly did not see you there. Our guys are not clan jumpers or groupees. We stand for each other. I knew the insults would start, sooner or later.
  • GAMEPHRENIC GOD
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Really. Its ok. At least I have you hear talking about Polk. My job is done.
  • kuntasensei
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Wasn't insulting you. Just saying that there's not much competition in clan wars right now, so it's surprising that you couldn't take 1st place with a little effort. Do you guys only play one game type or something? I've seen a lot of clans who do that and are surprised that they don't do better.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • GAMEPHRENIC GOD
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Well, the team we were against are international and just in the US. They got the jump on the Clan War and week were just fighting for second and ended up third. Most of our guys, must make a living also, families to feed!

But, I appreciate the follow up.
    Wasn't insulting you. Just saying that there's not much competition in clan wars right now, so it's surprising that you couldn't take 1st place with a little effort. Do you guys only play one game type or something? I've seen a lot of clans who do that and are surprised that they don't do better.
  • GAMEPHRENIC GOD
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Guerrilla Patriots.

Just Google My name.
    You only took 3rd in your division on Platinum? What's your clan?
  • kuntasensei
    edited January 2014
    Options
    How many members you guys have? Just wondering what level of Platinum you guys got stuck in. My clan (Kilo 5) only has 6 guys, so we weren't saddled with a high win count to snag any of the nodes. We also got paired up against some international players, but still managed to handle up on bidness. Here was our Operation Rio win screen:
    1555452_10202216203501011_1009243402_n.jpg
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Ken....I REALLY REALLY wanna test out a pair of LSiM's! PLEASE!!!!! :P
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2014
    Options
  • GAMEPHRENIC GOD
    edited January 2014
    Options
    1 clip.JPG

clip 2.JPG

So, We currently have 17 members as of this week. If you really knew, Ghost randomly select high tier teams, based on Reputation. So basically, you team is not my team's league. Sorry, you competed against nobodies.

Guerrilla Patriots.

Just Google My name.
  • kuntasensei
    edited January 2014
    Options
    1 clip.JPG

clip 2.JPG

So, We currently have 17 members as of this week. If you really knew, Ghost randomly select high tier teams, based on Reputation. So basically, you team is not my team's league. Sorry, you competed against nobodies.
    It actually just sorts by clan level and number of members, not reputation, so that each clan has the same chances to capture nodes, and then the more members you have, the higher the win count for the nodes to compensate. With 17 members, how many wins did you guys have to get to capture the nodes? Ours were only 20, 8 and 6. I imagine you guys probably have to win way more to cap each node, huh?
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • GAMEPHRENIC GOD
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Your are absolutely right. We average at least 15 to 30 wins, depending on the initial node. On top of that, if there is actually competition, like in our case. We have to double the amount of wins to over take the previous Clan, based on the number of members that are actually on at a given time. Each member represents a win. So, if it take 30 wins to capture a node and a Clan is currently dominating that node, it will take double the amount of wins. Depending on when you start capturing.

It actually just sorts by clan level and number of members, not reputation, so that each clan has the same chances to capture nodes, and then the more members you have, the higher the win count for the nodes to compensate. With 17 members, how many wins did you guys have to get to capture the nodes? Ours were only 20, 8 and 6. I imagine you guys probably have to win way more to cap each node, huh?
  • kuntasensei
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Not sure how you guys are running things, but here's a recommendation: Cap the lowest win nodes first. It seems counterproductive because they're the lower CP value, but in the time it takes a clan to cap one of the high win nodes, you can cap 3 of the low win nodes... and the more nodes you have, regardless of point value, the more you accrue free CP over time. This also takes their attention away from the high value stuff on the second day, giving your clan a chance to hit them one by one until you have all the nodes locked down. Then don't defend them. STALK them. Watch them as the other clans knock them down to kick you off of them, then the minute they're cleared, take 'em again in force.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • GAMEPHRENIC GOD
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Good Response, We appreciate the suggestion on strategy. We should team up or compete sometimes.

Not sure how you guys are running things, but here's a recommendation: Cap the lowest win nodes first. It seems counterproductive because they're the lower CP value, but in the time it takes a clan to cap one of the high win nodes, you can cap 3 of the low win nodes... and the more nodes you have, regardless of point value, the more you accrue free CP over time. This also takes their attention away from the high value stuff on the second day, giving your clan a chance to hit them one by one until you have all the nodes locked down. Then don't defend them. STALK them. Watch them as the other clans knock them down to kick you off of them, then the minute they're cleared, take 'em again in force.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited January 2014
    Options

I've wondered about that too. One wants a free DEMO and the other guy "hates to nitpick, but"? And since I'm TROLLING, I suggest Polk just fork over two sets of these and pass them FREELY to our gaming Gods (who almost no one here knows?). And if that's not possible, then I will take up a collection for them especially for the other guy who is worried that if he buys Polks (they might fall short) he might have to buy something else as well and that would NOT be COST EFFECTIVE.

I'm willing to donate $100 dollars to our brothers here and take a collection for the other 320 that would be two pairs? I'm sure we could raise enough for this almost instantly and dispel any anxiety over the characteristics of these phones, whether they can process dolby surround wirelessly, work in tandem with the new MS money maker (xbox one) and on and on. Perhaps this does concern me because "I" want to see a "satisfied" Polk customer and I've been here for 6 years? And besides, think of the great PR we'll get from their reviews and blogs?

http://www.polkaudio.com/products/4shot x 2= 319.98. I'm sure Polk would, at least provide FREE SHIPPING HERE?

How does that sound, boys? No Demos, you get to OWN the final product! Who else is IN?

Anyone want to complain about this offer?

cnh (not Mr. cnh, BTW, lol)
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • kuntasensei
    edited January 2014
    Options
    In fairness, that AaronG guy asked a pretty valid question about future support for actual surround versus surround handled via stereo. He didn't seem to be asking for a freebie... Just info.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited January 2014
    Options
    In fairness, that AaronG guy asked a pretty valid question about future support for actual surround versus surround handled via stereo. He didn't seem to be asking for a freebie... Just info.

I agree, but the general tone is "very" similar to what I hear from students I teach who scream "entitlement". Not social welfare entitlement but the entitlement of privilege and wealth.

And I'm willing to buy the guy who called me a troll a FREE set of these. Because that's how we roll at Club Polk--I don't want to see him lose any money!

Plus there is something "not quite right here". I can't put my finger on it. But it smacks of something "orchestrated", "coordinated", "premeditated"! And it also sounds like Translation programs are being used to render the English in some instances? (Or maybe it's just a generational thing? We don't really know how "old" these guys are, now do we?)

In any case, I don't really care, because I've offered a "solution"! And I believe, it is a fair one!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Jeepers, I've stumbled into some weird parallel universe... no, strike that...orthogonal universe, that looks a lot like the regular one but makes no sense whatsoever. Not that the regular one makes all that much sense most of the time. And... worst of all... the portal was in Boston.

Dang, I hate it when the curtain gets pulled back!
  • kuntasensei
    edited January 2014
    Options
    cnh wrote: »
    In any case, I don't really care, because I've offered a "solution"! And I believe, it is a fair one!

cnh
    Yeah, but at the same time, don't you think giving free thing to person only here seeking free thing sends the wrong message? I mean... we've got plenty of other gamers here who have participated in the site for years who would gladly put a pair of these things through their paces and post a detailed review. Seems to me like that would be a far better idea. Otherwise, you're just feeding the animals.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I really want to test MBL................ Ken?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2014
    Options
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Just as I was finally growing accustomed to your Klingon audiophile language, I enter this thread and feel like I have to start all over again.
    I have some Lieutenants that I have been playing with for 9 plus years. We are looking to take first in the next Clan Wars, once the DLC comes in on January 28th.

I would do anything for my Lieutenants, within reason. They would do anything for me.

I'm reminded of a show I watched once about hardcore Trekkies. There was this woman that went to work everyday wearing her Starfleet uniform from Star Trek TNG in real life. If I remember correctly, she worked at a shipping hub. Everyone at work called her "Lieutenant". She even carried a replica tricorder on her belt. This has nothing to do with this thread, yet it was the first thing I thought of.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Ja, ich auch!

Lieber Herr Ken:
    Ich glaube, dass man "Ja, auch mich" sagen soll.

;-)
  • GAMEPHRENIC GOD
    edited January 2014
    Options
    To be absolutely Honest, I call the Guys that have been with me the longest "The Fourhorsemen" ; Lieu, was just for formalities of the forums.

Live long G.P and Prosper!

Hermitism wrote: »
    Just as I was finally growing accustomed to your Klingon audiophile language, I enter this thread and feel like I have to start all over again.

I'm reminded of a show I watched once about hardcore Trekkies. There was this woman that went to work everyday wearing her Starfleet uniform from Star Trek TNG in real life. If I remember correctly, she worked at a shipping hub. Everyone at work called her "Lieutenant". She even carried a replica tricorder on her belt. This has nothing to do with this thread, yet it was the first thing I thought of.
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Mark, schicken Sie mir eine tubed Preamp! lol
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.