Need Help! Itunes library to dbpoweramp?

Options
bobsauto49
bobsauto49 Posts: 973
edited January 2014 in Going Digital
Will this upgrade the sound? Is this easy to convert? I have 300 songs in my iTunes, some ripped from cd's, and some bought from iTunes. Reference R14, and PerfectTunes is only $56 from dbpoweramp. Is there something better? And I have no idea how to do this, or if its even worth the time?? I'm only looking for best possible sound.
Thanx for any help fellas!:question:
"Everything I ever did in my life worthwhile I caught hell for"
Post edited by bobsauto49 on

Comments

• zane77
    zane77 Posts: 1,696
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Were the recorded in ALAC or mP3? If MP3 I don't think that would improve the sound quality. But give it a try.
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    edited January 2014
    Options
    They can only sound as good as the originals.

If they are crap now, they will still be crap after converting them to another format regardless of what conversion software you use.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited January 2014
    Options
    If you're looking for the best possible sound then your first step would be to stop buying music from iTunes, at least until they get with the programs and start selling lossless files.

I'm amazed at the number of people who purchase music from iTunes and then think they can get the best sound from it. You can't convert, upsample or resample a music file and expect to get better sound from it, doesn't work like that.

Here's what you need to do in order to get the best sound quality:

1 - STOP BUYING FROM ITUNES (or any other service for that matter that does not sell lossless files)
    2 - If you're on a Mac then grab a program like Amarra that will run on top of iTunes to get better sound quality. Your library is managed thru iTunes but Amarra handles all the sample rate conversion and sound processing and provides a better sound.
    3 - If you're on Windows then your best options will be those that bypass the windows sound mixer programs, something like foobar or JRiver have modes that will bypass the windows sound mixer and instead provide native USB support via ASIO or WSAPI
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited January 2014
    Options
    About says it all. ^^^^

Also, converting an MP3 file to lossless is a no-no too. You simply can't recoup information that isn't there from the git-go.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable