PS4 owners sound off here

Options
jflail2
jflail2 Posts: 2,868
edited January 2014 in Video Games
Well, I've decided to dedicate my fantasy football winnings to get me 1/2 way to a PS4. Just pulled the trigger on one on Amazon, and threw in an extra controller, NBA 2k14 and COD. Should be here next Wed. it looks like.

Anyone else have the PS4 in hand? And I assume you can just enter your PS3 name and go on with your business? If so, I'm "glasspheasant" for anyone who is already gaming on one.
2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
Post edited by jflail2 on

Comments

• mytime
    mytime Posts: 87
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Yeah . Your PSN acct transfers. PSN+ too if you have it. (you will need plus to play online now, Sony doing the MS thing) Been playing AC4.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I'll be getting one in the near future. All I play in Madden!
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Love mine, have madden, assassins, cod ghosts, and need for speed. All of which are pretty stellar.
  • jbooker82
    jbooker82 Posts: 1,627
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Got one my self. I have Kill Zone Shadow Fall, and COD Ghosts. Been playing Kill Zone for now.
    AVR: Onkyo Tx-NR808
    Amplifier: Carver A-753x 250 watts x 3
    Fronts: Polk RTI A7 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Center: CSI A4 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Rear: FXI A4
    Sub: Polk DSW Pro 660wi
    TV: LG Infinia 50PX950 3D
    Speaker Cable: AudioQuest Type 8
    IC: AudioQuest Black Mamba II
  • jflail2
    edited January 2014
    Options
    jbooker82 wrote: »
    Got one my self. I have Kill Zone Shadow Fall, and COD Ghosts. Been playing Kill Zone for now.

How do the 2 compare? I don't know much about Kill Zone at all.

Very much looking forward to MLB this year.

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I've had one for over a month now and absolutely love it. No issues at all. The freebies on PSN plus have been great (Resogun, Contrast, Pinball Arcade). NBA2k14 is jaw-dropping from a graphical standpoint and really shows off the PS4's prowess in this regard. As such, I've been playing the hell out of Assasin's Creed 4: Black Flag. What a bad arse game...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • jflail2
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Excellent! Sounds like NBA was a good buy then. How much room are you seeing those free PS Plus games take up? Trying to decide if I want to go ahead and update my HD now, or wait until I've choked the retail drive to death with downloads.

• PrazVT
    PrazVT Posts: 1,606
    edited January 2014
    Options
    How's the PS4 controller? While I bought the PS3 years before I bought a 360, I found I liked the 360 controller better; always felt the PS3 sticks were a bit loose. Any improvement?

Also, how are you guys feeling about Sony removing all the DLNA support (at least for now)?
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs
  • mytime
    mytime Posts: 87
    edited January 2014
    Options
    PrazVT wrote: »
    How's the PS4 controller? While I bought the PS3 years before I bought a 360, I found I liked the 360 controller better; always felt the PS3 sticks were a bit loose. Any improvement?

Also, how are you guys feeling about Sony removing all the DLNA support (at least for now)?

The controller is an upgrade IMO. Makes the DS3 feel like a toy. The 360 is still a better controller I think. ( Don't own a 360 but use the controller for PC gaming) DNLA support should come , for now I use the PS3 to stream music.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The PS4 controller is hands down (nyuk, nyuk) the best controller for any system I've ever owned. It addresses every issue or ergonomic complaint anyone had with the PS3 controller and rectifies it.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • jflail2
    edited January 2014
    Options
    NBA is absurdly fun. I've been sucked into the my career mode, and haven't stopped for anything else. COD is fun, but I need to get used to shooting on a controller again.