After reading through the home audio side of the forums

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited February 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I got to wondering. Has anyone ever organized a car audio gathering or a tour of the Polk facility in Maryland? I mean, I know that the "regular" traffic here is pretty light but I've only been here just under a year so I don't know the whole history here.
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2004
    Jstas - I organized the 2003 Tour, and was planning on organizing another one for 2004. That 2003 tour included a very nice display of Car Audio, including the hardcore Civic Si that is around the show circuit currently. We saw this car in its bare form, and the Carbon Fiber work that they do in that e=section is outstanding. We also saw the new line of MOMO drivers prior to them being launched and the project WRX that was close to completion.

Let me know if this is something you would, and anyone else for that matter, would be interested in, and I will get working on it. It was alot of fun and extremely insightful from a Polk Audio nut side of things.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited January 2004
    i'd love to see the place!

just hope I don't rattle the fillings out of your teeth rolling into the parking lot.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited February 2004
    lmao, i'd love to go too, and if i have any of the work done in my car (just waiting on about 4-6 grand of disposable income) between vinnie and i we should set off every alarm within a 3 mile radius ;)
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2004
    well the polk parking lot is fulla phat cars with alarms i'm guessing --- i mean **** if u worked for a speaker company, would u let your car be un-phat ??? i think not

therefore, we'd have about 40 cars with blaring alarms, which would then drown out our systems and make our ears bleed and our nipples explode and **** shoot out oru ears...

msot of us would live but the JL kids would all suffer spontaneous rectal combustion and be incinerated.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge