Anyone else dump FM radio for XM Statellite radio?

2»

Comments

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited February 2004
    I got into XM a few years ago. Never once have I been unhappy I did. FM? What's FM.

What I notice is that there are so many good songs out there on xm I keep wondering "why do they keep playing that same set of 20 bad songs on FM when there is so much good stuff". It has been years now and you know what, they are still playing the same old nasty **** on FM. XM has changed and kept up with the listener. There is no question here. One great new song after another after another... I could never afford this many CD's even if I did know what to buy!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • LAlarry1969
    LAlarry1969 Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    Hi We've had the XM for years and basically love it. Question: Can you use the audio out on the back of the Polk (BM 1125-A) and
    hook up to an AVR (supposedly Sirius compatible) and run XM through the home speakers? Thanks LAlarry
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited July 2012
    Hello LA,
    Sure, the Polk tuner is really another source component, like a CD player. Just connect right and left outputs to an unused "aux" input, on your receiver, and enjoy it as you would any other good quality source. Or, if you have a good quality external digital-to-analogue converter see if the sound is improved over what the tuner produces itself.
    Enjoy, Ken
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited July 2012
    With my Sonos and the internet, or if you have a squeezebox, you get radio from around the world for free, why pay for it ? To each his own I guess but for me, free sounds pretty damn good.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable