Door Speaker

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited January 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I just had a Bose speaker sent to replace a blown speaker. The old speaker has a 4 plug and the new has a 6 plug. This is the driver side door speaker. Does anyone know if I would be able to use this speaker and if so how would I install? Thank you,
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited January 2004
    Um, maybe you didn't see the name of this forum, it's called Club Polk.

Not many people know much about Bose speakers here nor do they care to and not many are going to be able to help you out for that matter. Just a word to the wise.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • slim
    slim Posts: 69
    edited January 2004
    i have no clue.. u could always just try ripping off the connecters and directly connecting the wires... or send it in and tell them its the wrong one and he one that you need.
    -Matt
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2004
    Bose should have a technical support line or something. Try looking for info on their website as well. Thats about all I could think of. Im not a big fan of Bose (overrated and WAY overpriced) so Im not much up on their ways.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited January 2004
    dont you just love those "high end" audio systems GM puts in their cars?
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited January 2004
    Almost as good as Dodge's "high end Infinity" systems with, gasp, 9 speakers!!

I was reading in Truck Trend on their long term 02 Ram tester. They were writing about the Infinity system. ".....never fails to impress...", "...turns the Rams cabin into a concert hall....".

Gawdamighty! :rolleyes:
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited January 2004
    the bose system works as such.

in the front you have back speakers, you have 2 'fatter' power wires, one + and one -, going to each speaker. in addition, each speaker has two skinnier wires, which are the equivelant of RCA lines... the signal to each speaker... one +, one -.

in the front doors, you have six instead of 4 wires going to each speaker... if you pull the entire speaker pod (plastic mount and speaker) out of the door you'll see there are the skinner two remote turn on lead wires going into the little circuit board/amp deal inside the pod. on the front of the pod (visible before removing) are 4 wires... two of them are power and ground, the other two are teh amp's output to the speaker. dont' as me why they did such a ghetto job... they just did.

if anyone is ever putting an aftermarket deck into a bose car, with new speakers... have no fear you need not remove all your wiring and run new one... instead, use those skinner 20 gauge RCA like leads as your speaker wire... its plenty good enough to handle most deck power, and those wires are all color coded for easy determining of which is which.

hope this helps u a little bose guy -- there has to be some way u can 'ghetto rig' that wiring to work... its not that complicated.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MacLeod
    edited January 2004
    Good grief! You think Bose overcomlpicates things much? Well I guess if they didnt then they wouldnt be able to charge you 20 times what you would have to pay for a simple 2 channel amp and DB 6 1/2 comps to get the same if not better sound quality I rekon.