Which Amp wiring kit is the one to go with???

3torex
3torex Posts: 9
edited January 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
This kit will be for a RF Power 451S going to a Polk MOMO MM10 OK here are the two kits:
Open to any other suggestions though...

Monster BAP 500 Amp Wiring kit:

16ft. 18 guage remote turn on
3ft. 8 guage power cable
18ft. 4 guage power cable
5ft. 8 guage ground cable
60 amp fuse

51.00 shipped Ebay

OR:

StreetWires PS08BI 8 gauge kit:

16-foot RCA patch cord with remote turn-on wire
18 feet of 8-gauge blue power cable with attached ring terminal
waterproof, in-line fuse holder installed on power cable with 60-amp AGU fuse
5 feet of 8-gauge silver grounding cable with attached ring terminal
assorted connectors and spade terminals
six 6" cable ties
lifetime warranty

40 something dollars shipped Crutchfield

which one guys????
:confused::confused::confused:
Post edited by 3torex on

Comments

• ithaca00
    ithaca00 Posts: 19
    edited January 2004
    if you're looking on Ebay, there are cheaper kits. I got a 4gauge kit with everything from power cable to RCA cables for 29 shipped.

Also, you want your ground cable to be the same gauge as your power wire.
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited January 2004
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2004
    they are both very good quality kits. Streetwires is a little higher end but I dont know if it would really make that much of a difference. Im kind of partial to Tsunami and Stinger myself.

Check out Sound Domain.com. They have stuff from Streetwires, Stinger, Fosgate, Lightning Audio and Phoenix Gold. Great prices too.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited January 2004
    streetwires kit if u like it - i'm partial to them... or check out stinger on sounddomain in partials -- that's my 2 cents.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • 3torex
    edited January 2004
    OK I'm going wit the Street Wires 4G amp installation kit.....12 guage street wire twisted.....how about the RCA's??? What should I go with????
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2004
    Streetwires Zero Noise 6 are the best out there in my opinion
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited January 2004
    the street wires kit you mentioned has rca's with it...are you planning on not using the ones that come with the kit?
    SW 3.0s is what id go with
    6.0s are overpriced
    if you can find the old 5.0s in any length over 6 ft....id say get those...but theyre very hard to find
    and if u do find them, tell me, ill pick up 2 pair myself in a heartbeat
    -Cody
  • 3torex
    edited January 2004
    ok 4G Street Wires Amp kit, SW Twisted 12G speaker wire, SW 3.0s, Anything else that should be upgraded or added????? Or can I place the order???
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited January 2004
    22 gauge remote turn on wire
    all it is is a simple piece of 22 gauge wire...you can get some at radio shack
    -Cody
  • 3torex
    edited January 2004
    got it 22g remote wire... this connects from the amp to the headunit??? right??? tells the amp it's needed to power on???
    sorry bout all these newbie questions, but you guys are lots of help!
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited January 2004
    yes sir, youre exactly right
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited January 2004
    there shoudl be remmy wire in the amp kit shudn't there be? usually is... if there isn't then that's kinda ****... lol.

far as the patch cables... if it comes with zero noise 2's, then those aren't too bad... u might want to just use them isntead of bustin your balls with more money on the 3's... however... the 3's are better.

as far as the 3's versus the 6's -- the only difference is cosmetic and "durability" (teh jacket is woven nylon **** so its harder to pinch the wires). personally - they're fkin ya on the 6's... go w/ 3's.

as far as the old 5.0's -- PIMP wires -- had an inductor in each end to cancel out any erroneous signal transmission as well as probably the TOUGHEST, THICKEST, jacket i've seen on a wire... along with sweet cosmetics and some wicked **** shielding that kept them virtually 100% noise free even when snaked around power lines.

goddamn shame streetwires/esoteric went out of business... streetwires/mitek isn't bad, but its not the same as 'before'.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge