Polk Ultrafocus 8000 Owners

Options
wii166
wii166 Posts: 12
edited December 2013 in Headphones
First of all happy thanksgiving, i wish i bought these awhile ago and anyone who hasn't and was considering them needs to give them a try.

High's don't hurt my ears the mids are nice and the bass is adequate not as much as people are saying however but perfect more else the right amount and its accurate i don't even like classical music or opera music much but when i put these on it makes the music more enjoyable.

Anyways done with a simple review i wanted to know if anyone noticed a light on the headphones when its off. I can still see a light on and wouldn't that drain that battery's?
Pioneer 521-K
Polk monitor 70's Fronts
T15's Rear(upgrading to the monitor 30's)
CS1 center(upgrading to the CS2)
Post edited by wii166 on

Comments

• sk88
    sk88 Posts: 158
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Mine doesn't do that.
    • Online - Focal Solo6 BE, Polk PSW10, Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP, Lenovo x220t
    • Music/HT - Lsi25, Lsi9 (Vr3), Lsi7, LsiC, Pioneer SC-68 & BDP-62FD, PS3
  • wii166
    wii166 Posts: 12
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I still see that blue light when its off from the side
    Pioneer 521-K
    Polk monitor 70's Fronts
    T15's Rear(upgrading to the monitor 30's)
    CS1 center(upgrading to the CS2)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Hi @wii166

The blue LED should definitely turn off when the power switch is in the off position. I'd suggest trying a new set of batteries just to see if the headphones act any different. If that doesn't solve the problem, give Polk customer service a call @1-800-377-7655 and they can help get you taken care of.

-Jason
  • angiechou
    Options
    Bought these a couple of months ago as a gift. When it was opened, no power at all on these. The batteries have been checked and replaced too. No luck. I am not sure what we are missing.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum, I'm sorry you're having a problem. It might be a good idea to check with Polk's CS guys at 1-800-377-7655. They'll get you going, I have those headphones and they're great.
    Regards, Ken
  • EDP
    EDP Posts: 4
    Options
    Did this ever get resolved? Mine is doing the same thing. Thought I would ask before calling Polk.
  • pretzelfisch
    Options
    I had a pair that would drain the battery in two to three days even if they were not turned on. Polk replaced them and the second pair have worked with normal battery life.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Sent mine in too for not working. Two weeks before one year warranty ended. New ones work great. I like mine. Prefer the lighter sound of my HD 958 Sennheisers. So they get used more. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • EDP
    Options
    I sent mine in for repair out to Califorinia. Anyone know how long it might take? Will they send any kind of notification?? Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Hello,
    Usually repairs or replacement take around 7 to 10 days, depending upon individual circumstances. If you've provided them with an email address I believe they will use that to notify you. Telephone 1-800-377-7655 for more specific information.
    Regards, Ken
  • EDP
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    You're welcome!
  • EDP
    Options
    Just an update. It took a week and I got a new set of UF8000!!!! Pretty stoked about the replacement and not a repair. All is good now. Thanks Polk Audio!!!
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Mine still drain the battery when shut off. Might just have to send them in again?
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    I would - mine run forever on a set of batteries - I have only changed them once since I bought them and have made several cross country flights as well as vacation trips where I use them more heavily.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    Options
    From Polk's site, "Extra-long battery life: 40 to 60 hours with normal ANC usage". So if the light is still on then your battery will be dead in about 2 days. You should get them replaced. Removing the battery constantly as a stop-gap will put wear on the battery door snap, which will eventually break.