help

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited January 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
okay. so i have my amps and the mm10's hooked up finally. and i found out the reveiver problem was with the remote. i got to here the mm10's for a little and they are sick. but anyway, when i have both hooked up to the remote it doestn work, but when i have the remote line going to the battery line it doesnt trun off and i dont kno how to fix this problem
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited January 2004
    hook the remote wire to the battery (or accessory line) and put a small toggle switch under your dash --- then,when you turn your deck on, turn on the switch - amps will go on... when u turn your deck off, turn off the switch, amps will go off. just make sure to turn the damn thing off at night or the amps will stay keyed on standby all night long.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Systems
    edited January 2004
    are you postive that will work? and what is the problem with the wire and the receiver?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2004
    I had a Kenwood that had a bum remote lead so I did it this way and it worked for years. Find the radio fuse in the fuse block and run your remote turn on wire from that fuse to your amp.

Doing this will send voltage to your amp when the ignition is turned on and will turn on your amp whenever you either turn on the ignition or the accessories. It will also turn the amp off when you turn the ignition off.

The only drawback is that, as long as you have the ignition or accessories on, the amps wont turn off when you turn the cd player off since the signal from the fuse box is always on with the ignition.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited January 2004
    yes im positive it will work -- and i dont knwo what is wrong with your remote wire from the receiver.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Systems
    edited January 2004
    wat about 2 amps? what should i do then?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2004
    Wheter you do it like I suggested or the way PBD said, either way the same wire will work for all amps.

There is nothing fancy about a remote turn on. It is simply a supply of voltage that turns on the amps. Its not a power source and has no effect on amp output (other than turning them on). Just run the wire from the fuse box or toggle switch to both amps and it will work fine.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Emerald
    Emerald Posts: 42
    edited January 2004
    Dont forget to fuse the remote turn on lead.

also, I think there are units that sense a signal via the RCA jacks to provide a power source for amp remotes.

Usaully used when people are just adding a sub and amp to a factory head unit. :D
    [Lexus SC400T][Lexus SC300][850BMW][S13 Silvia][S13 180sx]
    [ DriftGirl.org ]B][COLOR=Red]POLK[/COLOR] AUDIO[/B[MsEmerald.com]