Hvac!!!

Options
sucks2beme
sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
edited November 2013 in The Clubhouse
Ok, so how bad is it when you call around for a Rheem hot surface ignitor/sensor
WITH THE FACTORY PART NUMBER and nobody seems to know what you are talking about.
Just bring the part, and we'll see if we can match it with a universal, and you might have to
modify the connector. WTF? I wish the last place I got one from was still there.
I just scuffed it up with some emory cloth to get it working for now.
I'm going to order one online and replace it. But DFW is a top ten sized metro area.
It shouldn't be this hard to get one. And I'm NOT going to pay $150 to have a guy
come out here and install one.
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
Post edited by sucks2beme on

Comments

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,185
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If you've got it working for now, just finding one on the internet. It is a common part and if I'm not mistaken, its an off the shelf part from a 3rd party company. Pretty sure that Lennox is the only one with proprietary parts.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited November 2013
    Options
    All brands are proprietary, for one thing or another. Rheem/ Ruud is an 'off' brand, unlike the big 4: Lennox, Carrier, Trane and York.
    Just Google "Rheem ignitor', you're sure to find something.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • sucks2beme
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yes, it's been working just fine all day after the scuffing. You normally can get away
    with doing it a couple of times. But I really don't understand why it wasn't in stock
    somewhere locally. It'll be here before thanksgiving via amazon.
    But you'd think that giving them the part numbers would be enough to get a match.
    I even gave them the protech number(fits a whole lot of furnaces).
    Honestly, the 1st guy I called sounds like he was drunk. Second guy said to go to another store.
    3rd guy didn't want to hear anything, just bring it over and we'll find a universal match.
    the parts trade is not what it used to be.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You may be looking for the part incorrectly.

If you have a single rod, that is connected to a single wire sensing the flame, you have a flame sensor.

My guess, from your description is that you have 2 wires going to the same assembly, where you have both the ignitor and flame sensor, that isn't a Rheem/Ruud part. The only gas valve that uses that assembly is Honeywell. Your looking for a Honeywell part.

I think I have one on my company truck.
  • sucks2beme
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I have a Rheem furnace. It's a two wire hot surface ignitor/flame sensor combo.
    I have already ordered the part online. I know the part number, I kept the box and old ignitor
    from the last time I bought one. Protech 62-22868-93 (41-408 is another number).
    It's a 21 year old unit, and I've replaced it a couple of times.
    I found the part in about 30 seconds online, I was just hoping to get one
    yesterday just in case with the cold ware rolling in. You'd think any old parts shop
    would be able to pull it up and id it from there. That's my complaint.
    About a month ago I called Sears for an icemaker control/sensor set of boards.
    The thing would never stopped making ice.They sent me an icemaker rebuild kit.
    I sent it back. I just unplugged the board and will instead buy another fridge
    sometime soon.
  • sundeios
    sundeios Posts: 12
    Options
    When making changes to the company’s activities, the manager is forced to balance between two extremes. On the one hand, there is a danger of breaking down established processes with a poor decision. On the other hand, there is a desire to increase efficiency as much as possible, i.e. to destroy everything “to the foundation, and then ...” to build something radically new. So can we implement managemart software without destroying everything?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    LMAO sure buddy sure.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    Was wondering why he needed heat in August in Texas. Thanks for raising the dead with your nonsense.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Was wondering why he needed heat in August in Texas. Thanks for raising the dead with your nonsense.

We don't even need heat in January
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    Options
    ^^^ correct you are. I like icefishing
    Randy/Maine
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    boston1450 wrote: »

Well I like coastal fishing :p
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    edited August 2019
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    boston1450 wrote: »

Well I like coastal fishing :p

Is that where you toss a big hook off the back of your big trucks coasting down the highway and snag whatever it catches? You Texans got it going on.
    :D