XBox One, First Impressions

2»

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2014
    mccarty250 wrote: »
    There you go, I guess that's a palpable improvement but the lack of the ability to use the previous controllers seems to be a 'we want to sell more controllers decision' than anything else. It would be great to be able to re-leverage them.

I agree with you. There are some aftermarket adapters that will let you use the 360 controller (or others) with the one.
  • GAMEPHRENIC GOD
    GAMEPHRENIC GOD Posts: 53
    edited January 2014
    COD needs an entire new engine. Maybe even CRYTEK. Because, I only play it for competition and clan. If its not drastically improved. I will not be buying it next year. Improved in Graphics, Sound and Gameplay. All are vital. Enough is Enough. They have milk this cow long enough.

cstmar01 wrote: »
    I bought mine a little while ago and love it. I did have issues and still do running my cable box thru as it will freeze on certain stations. Also the stations in the one guide are wrong compared to what they really are so not sure how to fix that. For now I just am running the cable box straight to the TV again and not thru the X1.

I have COD and BF4. Haven't played any BF4 yet on it but the COD isn't bad. Terrible spaw points but that is normal for the COD games now it seems like. Can't wait for some other games to come out that take full advantage of the system.
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited February 2014
    So after about half a dozen uses, my optical drive choked, and the touch sensitive front panel quit working. What a waste of money.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • regnaston
    regnaston Posts: 38
    edited February 2014
    Congrats on the new system. I have had one for about a month and love it too (I wish more on my friends list would buy one)

A couple of notes

1. I would not plug a gaming system into the HDMI In, it adds a little bit of latency, and can be a pain when playing online

2. I get DTS 5.1 Surround through the HDMI, however my setup is HDMI to TV with the optical out on the TV going to the Surround Sound system
  • regnaston
    regnaston Posts: 38
    edited February 2014
    blueboxer wrote: »
    Well, in terms of graphics the PS4 and X1 are pretty much a tie IMO. I know its 1080 vs 900, but in all honestly I can't detect much of a difference at all. Sometimes I think there is a little more shadowing on the PS4, but overall both are excellent and smooth. However, the online experience and chat remains noticeably superior on the X1 as it was on the previous generation consoles. Where the PS4 takes ranks superior is the lack of a need to buy either a new headset or HOPE that astro and turtle beach come thru with an adaptor of some sort for the previous headsets that were available. For now the PS4's ability to retain the use of previous headsets for both gameplay and chat is pretty convenient and huge IMO. The X1 could offer some great features in terms of integration, but as other forums such as AVS have pointed out is that it has a LOT of issues with passing the signal thru a lot of receivers of various brands and age.

X1 is not 900p standard. It is whatever the game is capable of (what the developers decide to put it at)

Forza is 1080p for example
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited February 2014
    cmy330go wrote: »
    So after about half a dozen uses, my optical drive choked, and the touch sensitive front panel quit working. What a waste of money.
    All consumer electronics have about a 3% failure rate. It's a simple matter of how complex these systems are now. Microsoft should take care of it under warranty. So far, they're below the industry standard fail rate, so they're doing WAY better than that 360 fiasco.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • blakekaepv
    blakekaepv Posts: 4
    edited February 2014
    Xbox One is great when I tried it aside from the fact that I've already encountered a few glitches on Xbox before.