In case anyone is wondering or cares

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited January 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have not been around much for a few reasons. One that sticks out in my head was the Invasion of the Idiot Brigade. Beyond that, life got in the way of my goofing off here!

The other reason I have not been here is I gots a raise today! WOOHOO! The performance review period has been the past couple of months and I have been working on my self-assessment and some other projects at the end of the year. Didn't leave a whole lot of time with the holidays and such for posting.

Anyway, it was almost 3K. Plus my boss is looking into getting me a promotion that is long over-due. That could mean up to an extra 2500 in raises and bonuses this year.

He also said he wants to send me to some leadership training and technical training too. He wants to start moving me towards being a technical lead in my department. That's a very good thing because that would give me seniority and I'd have a bit more job security if lay-offs rolled around. On top of that, it opens up doors for management.

He also told me that we did not use our education budget too well last year because of the reorg. He made a case for it to his management and they approved extra funding for training/education. So he said that there is plenty of money so he would like to see me take advantage of it through either more training or furthering my education. While the union agrement stipulates that Lockheed pays for further education, it can be difficult to be approved in the lean years because the budgets aren't as fat. So I'm looking into heading back to Drexel for a masters degree in Information Sciences and Technology or an MBA. Probably not until next year but I have until like the 2nd week of February next year to utilize the budget for that.

So that is news I wanted to share.
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2004
    Could I borrow $100? :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Jstas
    edited January 2004
    Dude, it's all spent already. I'm gettin' hitched in October so I should be asking you if I can borrow 100 beans!

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2004
    LOL!!! I feel ya!

Me and my old lady are shooting for September. So Ive got til then to get my system together!!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited January 2004
    uh-oh...trade in the lightening for a mini van...lol
    j/k
    congrats!
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    edited January 2004
    No, I'm already told I'm not allowed to trade in the truck. She wants an SUV and doesn't like my idea of a 78 Ford LTD with a blown 560 C.I. V8 and big'n'littles. She wants a Mustang Cobra though. I wonder where the money is coming from?

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited January 2004
    Congrats! Get started on your MBA asap. I'm half way through, and my only regret is that i didn't start sooner. Management will appreciate it (I also just got a big raise and a small promotion).

Good luck,
    PolkThug
  • Jstas
    edited January 2004
    I was actually leaning more towards the IST degree than the MBA. I'm not really big into business stuff and I don't know how much it would really help in my current career path.

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited January 2004
    Same advice. Get started on the IST masters degree as soon as you can. This may sound funny to you now, but anytime your boss gives you a big raise, he first has to "sell" you to upper management, "Jstas deserves X amount of money because of Y." Just them knowing that you're actively working on your masters degree will help.

Regards,
    PolkThug