poweracoustik amps

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited January 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Has anyone had any problems, or heard anything about PowerAcoustik amps, namley the LT980/2. I have one in my car, and this is the second time its done this to me, it will turn on, then dim out, giving nothing to my subs. All connections are fine, the battery is fine. just one day, well twice now, it just started this, and the last time just randomly started up again. any thoughts?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Systems
    edited January 2004
    Don't buy swap meet amps
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited January 2004
    its not, it was brand new, thanks...
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited January 2004
    That sounds like either a bad transformer or something is causing power protection circuitry to kick in. Unfortunatly, there is not much of a good way to test it. You might want to find a local dealer who deals with Power Acoustik stuff. They may be able to help you troubleshoot or test it on a bench. They may even beable to repair it and save your investment. Otherwise, I'd call Power Acoustik and see what they could od about it.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Systems
    edited January 2004
    well i got it through some friends who own a dealer near me. so today i brought it in, swapped it out for a brand new one, hooked it up in the parking lot, and same problem. Ive already checked the fuses, checked the power/ground/remote turn one wires. The only thing i have yet to check is the rca cables. I was also told that the little wires that go from the center of the sub to the post, sometimes touch the basket, causing the whole thing to short out, but i dont want to have to rip them out, any other thoughts?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited January 2004
    Nope, I'd check all those connections again and pull those speakers. Somethings up, you are grounding out somewhere.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!