Options

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Ain't skeered, candyass.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Or you WANT it....I hate you in an adorable puppy dog that likes to get kicked way. xoxo
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited December 2013
    Options
    You two are gonna scare all the normal ones away, knock it off already.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Jstas
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Don't make me come over there!
    polrbehr wrote: »
    You two are gonna scare all the normal ones away, knock it off already.

Pfft! Yeah, right. The "normal" ones.

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2013
    Options
    OOOHHHH!!! I'm gonna get absolutely smashed and kiss everybody under the mistletoe hangin' off of Doro's ****!!! YIIPPPEEEE!!!!!
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,997
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'm in!! This sounds like too much fun to pass up. I could house 4 of you crazed mother..f'ers if anyone needs a place to crash.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Jstas
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'm in!! This sounds like too much fun to pass up. I could house 4 of you crazed mother..f'ers if anyone needs a place to crash.

You sure you're not gonna need to get a hotel? I mean, it's a long trip for you. Wouldn't want you to like fall asleep at the wheel.

BTW, don't take Antny with you. He'll drink too much and just repeat "I'm not gonna puke" the entire way home.

At least some of us have the decency to let it fly BEFORE we get in the car.

• dorokusai
    edited December 2013
    Options
    amulford wrote: »
    OOOHHHH!!! I'm gonna get absolutely smashed and kiss everybody under the mistletoe hangin' off of Doro's ****!!! YIIPPPEEEE!!!!!

Now this has me intrigued and in the bathroom now.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited December 2013
    Options
    amulford wrote: »

I'm showing up for this one just so I can be the official photographer!
    No excuses!
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,997
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    You sure you're not gonna need to get a hotel? I mean, it's a long trip for you. Wouldn't want you to like fall asleep at the wheel.

BTW, don't take Antny with you. He'll drink too much and just repeat "I'm not gonna puke" the entire way home.

At least some of us have the decency to let it fly BEFORE we get in the car.

It would go down as the shortest flight in history. As far as Anty goes...I'd just strap a bucket around his neck so he could "let it rip" when the time was right.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • craigpsu
    craigpsu Posts: 106
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Is there anything that describes PF? I could only find something about informal gathering.
    LSi15s, LSiC, LSiFX, LC80F/X, microPro 4000, Pioneer Elite SC-07, XPA-2, XPA-5, PS3
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Think of Woodstock but with less mud and acid.
    (EDIT: For the record: I am speculating, here...)
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited December 2013
    Options
    It's more like the "mysteries of the Bacchanalia" [in other words "legendary"] as described in the following WIKI quote:

The Bacchanalia were Roman mystery cults of the wine god and seer Bacchus, based on various ecstatic elements of the Greek Dionysian mysteries. They seem to have been popular, and well-organised, throughout the central and southern Italian peninsula. They were almost certainly associated with Rome's native cult of Liber, and probably arrived in Rome itself around 200 BC but like all mystery cults of the ancient world, very little is known of their rites. Livy, writing some 200 years after the event, offers a scandalised, extremely colourful account of the Bacchanalia. Modern scholarship takes a skeptical approach to his allegations of frenzied rites, sexually violent initiations of both sexes, all ages and all social classes, and the cult as a murderous instrument of conspiracy against the state. Livy claims that seven thousand cult leaders and followers were arrested, and that most were executed. More certainly, senatorial legislation to reform the Bacchanalia in 186 BC attempted to control their size, organisation, and priesthoods, under threat of the death penalty.

Good Luck trying to "control" PF!

Everyone is welcome!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2013
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Think of Woodstock but with less mud and acid.
    (EDIT: For the record: I am speculating, here...)

Given some mud and or acid PF would be like Woodstock for sure.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited December 2013
    Options
    cnh wrote: »
    It's more like the "mysteries of the Bacchanalia" [in other words "legendary"] as described in the following WIKI quote:

The Bacchanalia were Roman mystery cults of the wine god and seer Bacchus, based on various ecstatic elements of the Greek Dionysian mysteries. They seem to have been popular, and well-organised, throughout the central and southern Italian peninsula. They were almost certainly associated with Rome's native cult of Liber, and probably arrived in Rome itself around 200 BC but like all mystery cults of the ancient world, very little is known of their rites. Livy, writing some 200 years after the event, offers a scandalised, extremely colourful account of the Bacchanalia. Modern scholarship takes a skeptical approach to his allegations of frenzied rites, sexually violent initiations of both sexes, all ages and all social classes, and the cult as a murderous instrument of conspiracy against the state. Livy claims that seven thousand cult leaders and followers were arrested, and that most were executed. More certainly, senatorial legislation to reform the Bacchanalia in 186 BC attempted to control their size, organisation, and priesthoods, under threat of the death penalty.

Good Luck trying to "control" PF!

Everyone is welcome!

cnh

Is this really necessary?

I'd like to commit but I can't until I hear the weather.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited December 2013
    Options

You're right George, over the top--and most definitely TOO long.

To those who have never been to one of these, you really should try and make it.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • craigpsu
    craigpsu Posts: 106
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Being that I am on the 95 corridor between baltimore and philly it sounds like its worth a shot and maybe a few beers...
    LSi15s, LSiC, LSiFX, LC80F/X, microPro 4000, Pioneer Elite SC-07, XPA-2, XPA-5, PS3
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2013
    Options

Only young ppl allowed, you old ****.
  • George Grand
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Ever since I had it re-built, I'm young at heart.
  • amulford
    edited January 2014
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Now this has me intrigued and in the bathroom now.

Damn Son, you keep messin with that thing and your gonna go blind. It don't stretch ya know. Tried that for years...
  • amulford
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Ever since I had it re-built, I'm young at heart.

Here here.
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    edited January 2014
    Options
    As always, a whole lot of talk, and as usual, we will see which of you guys show up, and which actually perpetrate these atrocitys on each other.

Or will it be a bunch of old audioheads standing/leaning/laying around with an embarrasing amount of glorious gear.

Either way, have fun, wish we could be there, you guys are great

FOR ME TO **** ON.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • Jstas
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Antny will be there 'cause he's 15 minutes away. Doro will be there because he just can't get enough of my sweet, sweet ****. George will be there 'cause he's 15 minutes away in the opposite direction.

As far as what is actually perpetrated, first rule of Polkfest...you don't talk about Polkfest. What happens at Polkfest stays at Polkfest.

• scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    edited January 2014
    Options
    It never occured to me, But those pics might just be between rounds, resting up.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • Jstas
    edited February 2014
    Options
    9 months and counting!

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    9 months and counting!

So, you are having Doro's baby. :eek:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• George Grand
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Kid's gonna be a real looker.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Can i bring my cat?
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Just noticed this. What's the date? Didn't see one posted. October is a pretty busy month around my house but I'd like to finally make it to a PF.
  • George Grand
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You have to ask John if you can come.