hooked on polk

outofhand
outofhand Posts: 4
edited October 2013 in Forum Testing Area
new here and to polk audio...in the last 6 months I went from a old 5.1 sony set up from about ten years ago to onkyo 607 with r50's and tsi c10 with psw125 sub, all in cherry wood and my cheap sony rears...it sounded great.....then picked up for next to nothing, some used tc 625i ceiling speakers for right above my couch witch is against the wall. I was hesitant but turned out great.......but then I decided to go with height speakers so i picked up some rti a1's from craigslist for 100 bucks, with not a scratch on them. sounded even better....Then 2weeks ago i found the deal i'v been looking for i picked up a pair of rti a7's and the csi a6 for a third of the price they normally are.....WOW!!!! i love my new set up! the mids and highs are great, my friends tell me it sounds better than the movie theater "what i was aiming for" the only thing now is i'm looking into painting my psw125 black to match everything up.. ......thanks for letting my brag alittle
Post edited by outofhand on

Comments

• thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited October 2013
    Welcome to CP and sounds like a nice setup.

What color is your PSW125 now?

Black paint is very hard to find. :-0 inside joke here at CP.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • zane77
    zane77 Posts: 1,696
    edited October 2013
    Welcome to the Club, it's great when a plan comes together!
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2013
    Congratulations! Enjoy your setup and Welcome to Club Polk!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • outofhand
    outofhand Posts: 4
    edited October 2013
    thsmith wrote: »
    Welcome to CP and sounds like a nice setup.

What color is your PSW125 now?

Black paint is very hard to find. :-0 inside joke here at CP.

Cherry wood.
  • lanchile
    lanchile Posts: 560
    edited October 2013
    Polk speakers are very good, You made a good choice!. I just got the RT7 speakers(long time discontinue), they are old but they are some of the best polk speakers I ever heard. I love Polk speakers!!!
    Make it simple...Make it better!
  • jacksports
    jacksports Posts: 4
    edited October 2013
    Welcome to the Club,you will funny at here.
  • update.......just picked up an onkyo tx-nr 637, and hsu vtf-2 mk4 sub 'wow' and fix300i "craigslist, cheap" still have the psw125 but its in the back of the room. all hooked threw a stage three surge and stabilizer power center....now next week I'm going with the owm5's for the atmos...my girl hates me...lol