WTB Used Sub $200 price Range

mgd99
mgd99 Posts: 84
edited January 2004 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Anyone looking to get rid of a PSW404 or a Velo CT-100 or similar for this price range? I know it might be a stretch.

I was going to buy the PSW505 from someone here for $300 plus shipping, but I just got a huge tax bill last night and it killed my buying power.

After a 3 hr argument with my money holder (aka wife) I got an agreement on $200 range. I know I can't get the 505 at that price.

So I am looking for a kind hearted person who wants to help me get some decent bass for a fair price and maybe re-locate an unappreciated sub to someone who will cherish it immensely.

The PSW202/250/303 just ain't gonna cut it in my living room (18x24x8)with several large openings to a stariwell and other rooms. I have Monitor 10A's as fronts and RT28i's as surrounds (no cash for a center yet).

I know the 404 and CT-100 will probably just squeek by, but I am jammed up right now on cash.

Anyway, I read how people have trouble selling their subs, so I am putting up this offer. I am not expecting miracles, just fair price. I have been looking at e-bay relentlessly, but there are just a bunch of folks selling at retail.

zip is 06416 for shipping (I'll take it the slowest cheapest way possible).

Anyone? I am begging here.

TIA

mgd(feeling real low)99
Post edited by mgd99 on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2004
    Where are you located?

Edit, nevermind, I see the zip code. I'll have a look around, I may have a Solid Solutions PB100 (B&W ASW500).

-Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mgd99
    edited January 2004
    Thanks Russ

Never thought speakers would cause me such trouble at home.
  • Seaward
    Seaward Posts: 56
    edited January 2004
    Speakers are a very expensive habit. Im finding that out now. It took a whole year to talk the wife into getting a PSW-404, but I got it.
  • mgd99
    edited January 2004
    Good for you.

Great thing about speakers is that when you are tired of listening to them, you can just turn off the sound.
  • kelley
    kelley Posts: 287
    edited January 2004
    :D true, and they'll hit the highs for you every time.
    SDS-400, SDA-1B, SVS 20-39pc+, B&K Ref 50, Denon 2900
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2004
    MGD,

Turn on your private msging, or email me. I may have a couple choices for you in your price range, including shipping and insurance.

Then we can discuss, and I can get you pics / specs whathave you.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • saguppy
    saguppy Posts: 44
    edited January 2004
    I have a psw450 sitting around that I would like to sell if you are interested. The 450 is the predecessor to the 404. There is a small dent in the back corner of the sub that was there when I bought it used, but the sub performs perfectly fine and I don't notice the dent looking at the front. I would be willing to sell you the sub for $215 obo plus shipping. Let me nkow if you are interested and I can take it out of the box and take pictures of it for you.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2004
    Pics / descriptions have been sent.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • mgd99
    edited January 2004
    Sag.

E-mail me photos. Sooner is better since I am checking out Russ' offer also. I am interested. Forum says you can't receive e-mails. I am checking e-mail all night. Address (spilt to avoid auto scanning by spammers) is

mgd@
    att.net

Russ

Got the photos and I am doing my research on them between playoffs and sick 18 month old daughter. I am vaguely familiar with one and not at all with the other. Thanks for the quick turnaround. I'll be e-mailing you back after I do my homework.
  • saguppy
    edited January 2004
    mgd,

I emailed you a link to look at the pictures at ofoto.com
    My email address is
    saguppy
    @hotmail.com
  • weavercr
    weavercr Posts: 289
    edited January 2004
    saguppy

Where is home?
  • saguppy
    edited January 2004
    I'm originally from Aiken, but I am a senior now at Clemson and I just moved back from an 8 month co-op in Charleston. So, I consider all three home:rolleyes:

How bout yourself?
  • mgd99
    edited January 2004
    Like to thank Russ and Sagpuppy for the quick turnaround. I'm all set now and waiting eagerly. It pays to post here.
  • weavercr
    weavercr Posts: 289
    edited January 2004