Best 4-channel amp for my system?

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited January 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
ok currently i am going to have a,

head unit : pioneer DEH-750mp

front speakers : kenwood excelon kfc-xr51p

rear speakers : infinity kappa 693.5i

question is what is a good amp for those 4 spakers front ones have tweeters as well.....i MAY get subwoofers later but im just focused on the main 4 so im asking what the best for those would be im willing to pay up to 300 for a good amp

thx in advance
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2004
    Well from a budget standpoint you cant go wrong with an Alpine 4 channel. $200 and 40x4. I have one and its sqeaky clean but not very powerful. I wouldnt recommend it if youre wanting to be heard by all the neighbors.

JL Audio makes the E4300 for $300. Its 45 x4 but thats at 12.5 volts so its probably around 55 with the enging running. I personally believe that from a sound quality standpoint, JL makes about the best sounding amps you can get. Again, these are SQ amps and arent known for thermo nuclear power levels.

Coustic makes a decent one for $250. Its pretty stout but a little too high in the distortion level for me.

Kicker also makes a good one for $280. 37.5 x 4 but you can bet thats underrated. As is a Rockford Fosgate Punch 301X (40x4) and 501X( 65 x 4). Both should be available for under $300.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2004
    i was looking at a kenwood KAC-8401 seems like a good 4 channel amp i can obtain cheap i just want a good amp to get between 50-150W per each speaker....maybe thats bad i dunno i figure more watts the better....
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited January 2004
    power acoustik makes an 85 x 4 available on sounddomain.com -- its 129 bucks ... not a bad deal. great numbers.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • LILDRAGON
    LILDRAGON Posts: 47
    edited January 2004
    Hi I would recommend the Cadence Z4000 it pushes out 75RMS X 4. I am running one and it is great!
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited January 2004
    I have had two kenwood amps. The first one was badly abused and I had to repair, and the second was an install leftover. They are clean and give good power. I even used the older one to power my subs before i got my 700w Kicker. In fact, a friend of mine still uses it for his truck subs (bridged of course).

They run well and without much distortion. and are relatively inexpensive. The older one is a 60x4@4ohm and has always sounded much more powerful. Good starter amp to keep around.

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.