honda civic rear speakers

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited February 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
I cannot figure out how to remove the speaker covers/grill on the rear speakers in a 98 Honda Civic EX. I tried prying up the grill but it seems about ready to snap. Help?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited January 2004
    The whole rear deck needs to come off.
  • Systems
    edited January 2004
    Originally posted by Thom
    The whole rear deck needs to come off.

i did it in a 99 ex. you have to take out the whole back seat, and remove the bolts holding them down. then snap off the side panels, and then finally the top part. most of it is with these annoying plastic **** that hold the panels to the metal and they can be a **** to remove.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited February 2005
    Yah I to do this in my civic. You basically take apart the entire rear of your car. Seat cushions, hinges, side panels, and then the rear deck. Just be careful putting everything back. The washers should go back in the same order. AND DONT FORCE THE PANELS IN TOO MUCH. I broke a lil piece off cuz i didnt see something was in the way. thank god its in a hard to see spot.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • izafar
    izafar Posts: 819
    edited February 2005
    The three car seat attachment clips on the rear deck are the place to start. You need to remove the plaqstic cover to expose bolts that are holding the rear deck down.once you remove that; then you need to fold down the rear seat, remove the side cushions, remove the side panels, unplug the brack lamp cable. Now you should be able to remove the rear deck.
    -izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano