Pros and Cons-AGU vs. MAXI Fuses

MrDHEJ
MrDHEJ Posts: 137
edited January 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
There any real advantages or disavandages to useing either AGU or MAXI fuse's?
Post edited by MrDHEJ on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited January 2004
    i like agu's better for a coupe reasons
    1. you dont have to take the fuse out of the fuse holder to get to see if its blown
    2. you can find an agu fuse that goes up to 90A or so and as low as probably 10A fairly easily, whereas a maxi only goes up to like 30A
    -Cody
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited January 2004
    Actually we've got MAXI's in 60 and 80 amp here. I always liked the MAXI fuses better, mainly because you can pull them out of the fuse block without breaking them or killing your fingers. We've been using AGU's for the past few years since Monster doesn't make a MAXI block.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited January 2004
    i've seen 60 maxi's and 80 agu's... both aren't the eaiset to find.... anything over 60 i usually lean toward an ANL - cost more but easier to get my hands on in a pinch.

maxi's are cool as hell tho and easy as piss to put in and out.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited January 2004
    Well for those that work on cars.. you can get maxi fuse blocks and fuses for over 90 amps or more from used cars.. look for the separate block that holds tha starter and main fuses on newer compacts. They're practically free

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.