B&K PT-3 pre-amp

Options
DollarDave
DollarDave Posts: 2,575
edited August 2013 in The Clubhouse
I ran across this pre-amp and I already have a PT-5, so I don't have a place for it. I've only used it a couple of times, but it does show some wear from the previous owner. It is black and comes without a remote, but a universal will work.

There are a couple of things to really like about this pre-amp - loudness control that fades as volume increases, full-range output, high-range output, and low-range output (x-over set at 80hz). It has the full, rich sound that is typically exhibited by B&K products.

Here's the problem with it..it's volume control creeps up/down and I don't have the skill to fix it.

If you can fix it, or would like to at least try, just say "in".

Only criteria for participating is that we have either done buying/selling with each other, or you have karma'd items in the past (to anyone) here, or elsewhere.

I'll randomly pick a winner by this weekend and I'll cover shipping within the continental US.
Post edited by DollarDave on

Comments

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Great Karma! In please. I don't think we have done business, but I did karma a Lynn Swann rookie card a while back. Honestly, I couldn't stand to have it in my house anymore.:wink:
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    edited July 2013
    Options
    In, Dave. I'm on a fix roll lately. A new challenge awaits.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • ambiophonics
    ambiophonics Posts: 718
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Well crap - would love to get my hands on this one but I'm not qualified to be "in" yet. Guess I better find something to karma! Great karma.
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited July 2013
    Options
    B&K fanboy myself....count me in big guy.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • DollarDave
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Well crap - would love to get my hands on this one but I'm not qualified to be "in" yet. Guess I better find something to karma! Great karma.

If you've given any gear away to an aquaintence, that would count as karma to me.
  • DMara
    DMara Posts: 1,434
    edited July 2013
    Options
    This is a great Karma from a great CP member! Not in but love it :smile:
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'm set on pre's right now so NOT IN, but awesome Karma!
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • DollarDave
    edited July 2013
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Dave, I'm in if this has a phono input. Otherwise, disregard.

No, it doesn't.
  • ambiophonics
    ambiophonics Posts: 718
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Please count me as "in" then :)

Thanks for broadening the the definition for me, I just gave away my old blu-ray player to a buddy when I upgraded to the Sony S790.

DaveMuell wrote: »
    If you've given any gear away to an aquaintence, that would count as karma to me.
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,970
    edited July 2013
    Options
    DaveMuell wrote: »

I've done this several times so ....in please.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Killer Karma Dave!

In Please.:cheesygrin:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,038
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Count me in. I given my fair share away here. Thank you!!!
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited July 2013
    Options
    In please!
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    edited July 2013
    Options
    very much in please...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Not in but only because I need to stop bringing home strays (my wife has come to calling my random audio pick-ups strays).
    But fantastic Karma. Hope whoever wins it can get her fixed and get tons of great use out of it.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited July 2013
    Options
    In please. I have karma'd PSP games and a few cd's here before. And gave a vintage Mitsubishi LT table to my bro-in-law. Kinda wish I still had it! lol
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I have one of these. Decent pre. I was in until I saw this...

Here's the problem with it..it's volume control creeps up/down and I don't have the skill to fix it.

Bah... that's what mine was doing when I first got it from a eBay sale. Now the volume doesn't work at all. I figure the digital step atteuner or whatever the hell its called needs replacing. Otherwise I would have amalgamated the two units.

Great karma!
  • Systems
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Drenis wrote: »
    I have one of these. Decent pre. I was in until I saw this...

Bah... that's what mine was doing when I first got it from a eBay sale. Now the volume doesn't work at all. I figure the digital step atteuner or whatever the hell its called needs replacing. Otherwise I would have amalgamated the two units.

Great karma!
    amalgamated

Please tell me you did not just use that word in a sentence?:redface:
    I had to Google it!

Know why Bill Clinton lost his first spelling bee?
    His word was "harass" and he spelled it as 2 separate words!:lol:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Gadabout
    Gadabout Posts: 1,072
    edited July 2013
    Options
    In please

Karma'd a few things here and at a Polk Fest. It's hard not to give away some of your equipment when you friends look longingly at your system(s) and see the extras you have, ;-)

Scott
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Nice Karma Dave.
    Not in.
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • DollarDave
    edited July 2013
    Options
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Dave, Nice Karma. Please count me in. I haven't offered anything on Club Polk yet, but have given away and received plenty of hand me down electronics to family and friends. If this doesn't count, thanks anyway, great karma.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited July 2013
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Great Karma! In please. I don't think we have done business, but I did karma a Lynn Swann rookie card a while back. Honestly, I couldn't stand to have it in my house anymore.:wink:
    And I thank you for it.
    In please, great karma.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Sounds like fun; I'm in!
  • devani
    devani Posts: 1,497
    edited July 2013
    Options
    In please...never did any karma, but given away to many friends who needed....
    Video: LG 55LN5100/Samsung LNT4065F
    Receiver: HK AVR445
    Source: OPPO BDP-93
    HT: POLK SPEAKERS RTi6, FXi3, CSi5, VTF-3 MK2
    2Ch system: MC2105, AR-XA, AR-2A, AR9, BX-300, OPPO BDP-83
  • DollarDave
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Last bump. Will draw either tonight or tomorrow morning.

I'm looking forward to starting a new job on Monday!

Karma's been good to me, so I will have a couple more pieces to send out. Anyone interested in my extra CAL CL-10 that won't power up? Or, a NAD 905 that won't always read the disks?
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'm always up for broke stuff, much to my wife's dismay.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I may not be the greatest guy in the world but at least my volume control doesn't creep up and down.

Nice karma Dave. Not in.
  • DollarDave
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Well, my 9 year-old daughter picked her favorite screen name from the "Ins" and the winner is -

"Sucks2beme"!

Congrats - PM me when you get a chance, I might be coming up to Flower Mound in the near future.
  • Systems
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Today, it does NOT suck to be him!:cheesygrin:

Congrats Sucks2beme!
    Enjoy!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing