Portable Headphone Amp Ray Samuels SR-71

Options
Montoya
Montoya Posts: 506
edited August 2013 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
130.00 shipped inside US no Hawaii
Up for sale is a good condition Ray Samuels SR-71 portable amp. This little amp rocks it is pure class A dual mono design it will push bigger headphones to high clean listening levels. I have attached some links to reviews below. I will post pics later today.

The good- amp is built like a tank sounds excellent with most headphones/ear buds pure class A dual mono, operates on two 9V batteries good for about 60-70 hours with lithium batteries it bumps to about 100 hours play time.
The bad- amp was used by me a lot but still in perfect working order, Screen printing is almost all gone from use and it was a first run item that had issues with the screen printing. It is missing one thumb nut on the back I replaced it with a nut I'm sure you can find another thumb nut I just never looked because it worked fine without it. Not recommended for orthos or anything that requires more power than 350ohm similar to HD650 requirements.

Review - http://www.stereophile.com/headphones/905ray/
Review - http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/emmeline/sr71.html
Specs - http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/products/sr-71
Post edited by Montoya on

Comments

• jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I want this, but am strapped for a month until I get my house closed.......I'm gonna see if I can shuffle some coin around to make this happen.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited July 2013
    Options
    jflail2 wrote: »
    I want this, but am strapped for a month until I get my house closed.......I'm gonna see if I can shuffle some coin around to make this happen.

Hopefully you can, this would work great for you.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Montoya
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Attached are the pictures you can see the screenprint how it has chipped off. The case volume knob and back are all aluminum and are not affected.
    image.jpg
  • Montoya
    edited July 2013
    Options
    One more picture of the rear showing the missing nut and serial number. Not sure why the pictures are turned they keep uploading like that.
    image.jpg
  • Montoya
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I can set you up if your interested you have been a polkie for awhile. Let me know if you want it and I can hold it for you.
  • jflail2
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Yea, I think I am actually. I can send payment out the 26th. Hit me up via PM for details if you're game.

And yes, I've got a clean track record here for buying and selling.

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited July 2013
    Options
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Yea, I think I am actually. I can send payment out the 26th. Hit me up via PM for details if you're game.

And yes, I've got a clean track record here for buying and selling.

I love it when a plan comes together!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • jflail2
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Agreed! This is going to make my 4-6 hours per day of listening at work MUCH more enjoyable...

• jflail2
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Payment sent to PP address today. Thanks for holding the amp for me!

• jflail2
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Arrived well packed (though the magpul box threw me for a loop; couldn't remember what I had ordered firearms wise as of late, haha), and have the amp at work today.

Thanks Montoya!

• Montoya
    edited August 2013
    Options