holy crap

sntnsupermen131
sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
edited January 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
have you ever heard cdt components?
i made a trip to circuit city today...just for **** and giggles, and as i was getting out of my truck, a guy in a 3000GT pulled up beside me, windows down, radio cranked up
it was the loudest, clearest, cleanest, most beautiful sound ive ever heard in my life
i asked him what he was running, he proudly stated CDT components
ive heard a lot about them, they come with 5 yr warranties...sposed to be the ****
but i never actually heard them
he had them running off of some us amps, along with his 3(yes 3) id maxes in the trunk
everything was custom, amps were this thing that looked very similar to what the girl with the beamer and the fosgates
the maxes were in the trunk towards the front of the car, in a "v" type shape rear firing
to get the components to fit up he had to remove the grille that came stock on the door so theyd fit
he said he had 2 yellow tops, one under the hood, one hidden behind the box that had the maxes
he popped the hood, everything looked real pretty, but all i could see is a cold air intake, he had redone all the wiring to red, and had that red plastic coil stuff around all the wiring
he said he had a chip, he said the name but ive since forgotten it, he had an after market exhaust, but that was the only performance mods he had besides wheels
other than it being a bad **** car anyways
i need CDT components
lol, and in 10 years, i will have them...lol
-Cody
Post edited by sntnsupermen131 on

Comments

• TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited December 2003
    Yes...CDT's are very nice...but it also sounds like a Keen install...to go with them...
    Install..install install ;)
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited December 2003
    Install and placement can make all the difference in the world.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited December 2003
    3 idmaxes - sounds like my kind of guy
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2003
    I know how you feel about these speaekers. Im the same way about the Focal Utopias. For my music and tastes, Ive never heard Rush or Dream Theater sound better. The sales guys hated me cause every week Id come into the shop and just play my Dream Theater albums on the Utopias for about 30 minutes just standing there with a dopy look on my face. Then I moved to Tennessee and the nearest Focal dealer is like 150 miles away!!! :mad:

I agree the install is very important but a great install with crappy speakers will still sound crappy whereas a crappy install with Focal caliber speakers will still sound good.

Id rather have a set of Focal Utopias plugged into my doors than a 500 hour, super duper, fiber glass everywhere, custom installation with Kraco speakers!! Do they even make Kraco anymore? :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited January 2004
    actually...I dissagree....crapy install with good speakers = waste of money...and you get crappy sound.
    good install with crappy speakers can yield some great sounds.
    install is 80% of the game...give or take a few %'s
  • MacLeod
    edited January 2004
    What if you took a set of MB Quart Qs and just stuck them in the stock door locations then ran them off an Xtant amp mounted under the seat.

Then take some Jensens and stick them in some custom built fiberglass kick panels with Dynamat everywhere and superior placement running off a, dare I say, Pyramid amp (yikes!) mounted to a custom fiberglass amp rack that was motorized and all tricked out.

Wouldnt the plain Jane MB / Xtant system still sound better? Imaging and staging would be better in the Jensen system but I would think overall SQ would be with the MBs.

Hell, I aint no expert so I could be wrong, but thats how I just think it would work.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited January 2004
    not always...Just because you buy great gear..does not mean you are gonna get "great" sound. I would say that avg gear done in above avg installs will yield higher sound quality. Granted..you did pick some of the "bottom barrel" stuff to compare. But I'd rather put some diamond hex's in good install then say some MBq's just slapped in the door. Install is what makes a great sound system..staging and all that. Granted..the better the gear to work with...the better the possible outcome...but there is a point of limited return...wich basically is you get to a certain point...and its only install that counts

OBW..I'm not an Mbq fan anyway :)

:D

Thomas The Grey
  • MacLeod
    edited January 2004
    I get ya. My current system is Polk/Momo 6x9s in the doors and my imagining and staging is below average. At its best its only to the top of the dash but its paper thin and not centered at all. I dont like kick panels cause I dont want to give up any room in my footwells so I think Im going to see if I can buy just a set of Momo tweeters and mount them higher on the doors using the 6x9 tweeter output on its crossover and see how that works.

The only problem I have with MB is that theyre like JL and ****....everybody has them! Thats why I like Polk, Focal, a/d/s and the like. You dont see them in every system.
    ;)

• C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited January 2004
    I've got Crystal Mobilesound components up front in my stock door locations. I love them. I've only got around 50 watts on each right now and they probably want about 50-60 more to be happy, but at least it's clean Zapco power. I wouldn''t mind throwing a pair of Crystal CMPx2 12's in my new truck when I get it, but I think maybe I'll stick with my original plan of two Orion H2 12's and two Zapco 750's. :D (That is if I can get two of those under the rear seat of a Silverado forward firing.)
    "The Big C"
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited January 2004
    i have 2 momos under my seat forward firing...not sure what a difference the years make...mine is a 96
    -Cody
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited January 2004
    It looks like there is probably enough clearance from what I've seen. I think the depth may be a slight problem since the H2's are about 15 inches deep. Anyway, should be a pretty nice setup.
    "The Big C"
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited January 2004
    I run a RF H/u at about 65wpc for those infernal T4's in-dash. I am looking for a way to get bass in the front and still have good sound stage. I have eaten a brand new set of RF T4's trying. The little 4' buggers sound great, but just wont put out bass to match the mids and highs... What's the best placement to get some bass to match it at the lower vol's. Do kick panels work well?

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited January 2004
    kick panels are nice...but either way, a 4" speaker isnt going to give you bass
    CDT makes 4" speakers...take a look at those
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited January 2004
    Kick panels are for imaging and thats about it. They create a more equal length to your ears from the left and right speaker and so your brain interprets the music to be right in fron of you in the center. From my experience, they have no effect on actual tonal quality.

I agree that a 4" aint gonna give you much bass. If youre after bass in front then maybe use kick panels for the 4" mids and tweets then stick a 6.5" midbass in your door.

• sntnsupermen131
    edited January 2004
    i need 40K
    any donations?
    i need a 2003 gmc 2500 4x4 extended cab, with 305/70r16s, a brush guard, differential lockers, a supercharger, chip, flow masters, new off road lights, cold air intake, 2 batteries, ohio alternator, headache rack, tool box, bed liner, a few well placed skid plates, cdt 3 ways up front, cdt 4" in the rear, 2 id max 12s, all powered by zapco amps...
    ok im done...
    -Cody
  • geralopez
    geralopez Posts: 115
    edited January 2004