Momo 10" for GMC sierra ext cab

Options
globemaster
globemaster Posts: 3
edited December 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I bought a momo for cheap at circuitcity the other day as I'd heard they do well in small sealed boxes? I have an extended cab gmc which I can get a .7-.9" cu ft box to fit under the rear seat. Is this going to be enough space, or to small? They state .66" but that seems kinda small. The momo is the 10" 2104 Is there a better speaker for that type of box as it's not really square? Does having the custom type box detract from the sound quality.....i.e. because it's not more boxlike? I have a audiobahn a2002t intake amp to run the sub.

Thanks for the info ahead of time:confused:
Post edited by globemaster on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited December 2003
    Options
    yes, .66 is the right size, put about 3/4 lb of poly fill(walmart has it...cheap stuff) in the box, that will take care of any shape problems
    any more questions just ask
    GMC owners are always welcome here, everyone knows theyre the best:D
    -Cody
  • globemaster
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Do you think this sub will work well in my truck? Any ideas on good online retailers for the sub box?
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited December 2003
    Options
    as far as working well, depends on your application, if you just want that extra bass to get the whole spectrum, then itll do you good
    if you want mind blowing bass, then no
    as far as online retailers...i havent really found any good box makers online
    check out www.sounddomain.com , they might have something of use
    stay away from q-logic
    JL makes awesome boxes, problem is, theyre friggin expensive, and they put their crap subs in em
    if not, try your local audio shops. i got my box custom from a local shop
    you want a box made out of 3/4"MDF
    -Cody
  • globemaster
    edited December 2003
    Options
    sounds good. I'll check out some locals tomorrow. Definitely not looking for mind blowing bass! I just want something that'll improve the overall music quality and get a little extra kick! Right now I've got a small box housing the polk facing up. The back seat is up, so this is just temporary. I read somewhere that it helps to have the polks downfiring? Will this improve the sound.....will the truck style box sound better?