One More Day.....

steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,521
edited December 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
One more day until:

cec.jpg

Yahooooooooooooooooo!
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
Post edited by steveinaz on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited December 2003
    Steve,

It looks cool, but what is it, who makes it...can't tell from the pic.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2003
    CEC cdp, I think Audioadvisor sells em - have a look.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited December 2003
    Damn, your eyes that good or did you know already?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2003
    Neither, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • gatemplin
    gatemplin Posts: 1,595
    edited December 2003
    LOL! Russ you crack me up
    Graham
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2003
    Good one Russ! He's on it, C.E.C. CD-3300, 24/192kHz single-ended output--a first in the industry. Can't wait to hear this thing. CEC is a Japanese high-end CD Transport/Player manufacturer who was recently acquired by Sanyo Optronics division--but have no fear, it's no Sanyo. They are known for the first belt-driven cd transports and other innovations, though this player is not belt driven.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited December 2003
    Looking forward to your review Steve. I've also had my eye on the CD-3300 since Audio Advisor started advertising it. A couple of things stand out to me about the player--balanced outputs and it uses the same Burr Brown DACS as the Music Hall Maverick ($1495 list) and Shanling SCD-T200 ($2695 list).

I've recently split my home theater and two channel gear apart and am looking for a good stand-alone CD player like the CD-3300 seems to be. Please make me spend more money! :D

Merry Christmas.
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2003
    Soon as I get her burned-in, I'll post my observations. I'm curious to see how it compares to my Cambridge Audio D500SE, or should I say "Shack's" D500SE!

Have a great Christmas all!
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited December 2003
    Great looking unit, Steve. How much did you get it for? Do they build transport only units?

Thanks

Maurice
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2003
    It was $499 at Audio Advisor. I think CEC still builds transports, but they're very expensive.