Sumiko Blackbird

Options
doctor r
doctor r Posts: 837
edited June 2013 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I originally purchased a Blackbird used off Audiogon in 2009. Due to some subsequent damage after I had been using it for a while :cry: and really enjoying it's presentation, I used the Sumiko "retip" program to trade my damaged cartridge in on a new one. This cartridge was used on my Origin Live TT for about 200 hours before it was replaced by a Benz Ebony H. The Blackbird is a HOMC that will work with any MM phono input. The stylus is elliptical, but having the ability to adjust SRA will help to optimize the sound from this cartridge that presently retails for $1095.00 All original packing and manual included.

SumikoBlackbird1.jpg
IMG_0352.jpg
IMG_0361-1.jpg
IMG_0316.jpg

Asking $550.00 shipped in continental US
integrated w/DAC module Gryphon Diablo 300
server Wolf Alpha 3SX
phono pre Dynamic Sounds Associates Phono II
turntable/tonearms Origin Live Sovereign Mk3 dual arm, Origin Live Enterprise Mk4, Origin Live Illustrious Mk3c
cartridges Miyajima Madake, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Ortofon
speakers Rockport Mira II
cables Synergistic Research Cables, Gryphon VPI XLR, Sablon 2020 USB
rack Adona Eris 6dw
ultrasonic cleaner Degritter
Post edited by doctor r on

Comments

• jchouston
    jchouston Posts: 122
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Good luck with sale.

How did you get that close up shot?!
  • doctor r
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Just a little Canon digital camera with the "macro" setting. I was actually surprised myself.
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    turntable/tonearms Origin Live Sovereign Mk3 dual arm, Origin Live Enterprise Mk4, Origin Live Illustrious Mk3c
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
  • doctor r
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Price drop to $500.00
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
  • doctor r
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Shameless bump before I take it to the Gon. This is an outstanding cartridge compatible with anyone's MM phono input. It can make your analogue easily exceed your digital (except F1 because he does not do analogue :rolleyes:)
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    edited June 2013
    Options
    doctor r wrote: »
    Shameless bump before I take it to the Gon. This is an outstanding cartridge compatible with anyone's MM phono input. It can make your analogue easily exceed your digital (except F1 because he does not do analogue :rolleyes:)

I don't know how he ever got elected president of CP. His actions in shunning the analog constituency here on CP are shameful to say the least.:cheesygrin::wink:

Good luck with the sale. I run a Sumiko BluePoint EvoIII and I love the performance I get from it. If I had the coin right now, I would be upgrading to the Blackbird in a heartbeat.

Buy with confidence guys, as this cartridge is tough to beat for the price.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson