OK, I saw LOTR: ROTK last night and I have to say

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited December 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
THAT WAS AN INCREDIBLE MOVIE!

Eventhough alot of story from the books was left out, it was still totally spucking fectacular! You MUST go see it in a theater! Even if the sound sucks, go see it on the big screen because some of those battle scenes just can't be shown any other way! If you have a decent DTS theater near you house, go see it there! I can't say it enough! GO SEE IT!
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited December 2003
    havent seen a lord of the rings movie yet...not a big fan...ive never even seen a star wars movie...lol
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    edited December 2003
    Let me help you out here, I think you missed an important part of my post.
    GO SEE IT!

• sntnsupermen131
    edited December 2003
    lol...
    i havent seen a lot of the "classic" movies either
    ive never seen the full wizard of oz, beauty and the beast, snow white, cinderella...
    but if its new and its a comedy ive probably seen it...
    -Cody
  • ChrisDurano
    ChrisDurano Posts: 372
    edited December 2003
    If you don't like sitting in a theater for over 3 hours, I recommend you dont' watch this.

I saw it and loved it. I thought it was a perfect ending for the whole series. Its crazy thinking this movie is going to make 1/2 billion dollars in a little over a week worldwide. This series is probably the best of all time. It'll be tuff to beat.
    Home Speakers polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired), CSi30, FX3000i, PSW250

Car speakers polkaudio EX 369, DB 650
  • geolemon
    geolemon Posts: 67
    edited December 2003
    I think my comments here sum up my thoughts on the LOTR thing:
    http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=169650

I'd post my most relevant quote from that thread... but I don't think they allow swearing on this forum. :p
  • Jstas
    edited December 2003
    Did you see the first two movies?

Because that is where all the character development is.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy is not a trilogy at all. It was written as one book but publishers said that it would be easier to sell 3 books instead of one big fat one. The same thing was done for the movies because as is, no one would want to sit through an 11 hour movie.

I know that in this day and age, reading is almost unheard of but would it really kill anyone to pick up a book and read it? The movies were never meant to replace the books and they leave alot out. But your blind ignorance concerning the idea that there might actually be more to the story than what the movie shows will probably stop you from picking up the books and reading the whole story.

And since when does a movie HAVE to make sense or be believable? If you are going to the movies expecting some kind of deep meaning behind everything then you are just setting yourself up for a big dissappointment. It's a movie, that's all.

You don't have to be afraid to "like" something that all the "geeks and nerds" like either.

• sntnsupermen131
    edited December 2003
    Originally posted by Jstas
    And since when does a movie HAVE to make sense or be believable?
    lol...yeah, hasnt anyone in here seen gone in 60 seconds?
    theres not one FORD in the world that could make a jump like the one on the bridge and drive through it...
    now if it would have been an old chevy corvette:D
    and as far as an 11 hour movie, i saw gods and generals...lol
    that was the longest, most boring war movie ive ever seen, i saw blood a whole...2 times? or something like that...i was ready to go by intermission...
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited December 2003
    ya the first movie and half of the 2nd are where character development occurred... if they used time in the third one to develop characters i would feel it was a waste of screen time... it needs to flow -- basically if you watch all three movies in a row it should be a seemless progression... which is the way it was intended (at least i think... i dunno... but i really think so).

the first two were amazing -- i've yet to see the third -- i did read SOME of the books, but really honestly, i dont remember a damn thing from highschool other than "St. Francis Footbal Rules" and "Brass Monkey - that Chunky Monkey".
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge