WRX Owners

Steve@3dai
Steve@3dai Posts: 983
edited December 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
I've got some EX365s in my front doors. They were a complete **** to fit in there, needed custom spacers and had to space the window track back. Has anyone had similar experience?

I'd like to upgrade to the MOMO line, has anyone done this successfully without doing custom door panels? I don't really want people to know what I have ;)

Thanks.
LSi 9/C/FX
Arcam AVR-200
Post edited by Steve@3dai on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited December 2003
    you can fit 5.25" speakers or component sets without a problem.

the "hole" is 6.5", but subaru made a forward spacer with three legs for the 98 2.5 RS which has the mount of a 6.5" speaker but once its in place the actual speaker hole only fits a 5.25", but it leaves plenty of room for the magnet and **** - we fit a polk DX 3055 component set with a pretty deep woofer in there without a problem and it sounds kick **** good.

i imagine those little spacers wouldn't cost you more than 10 bucks a pop and they fit perfectly, as they are oem equipment... as long as the door panel hasn't changed, i image it shouldn't be a problem, but check with the polkie guys, i think justin (webmaster) has a wrx.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited December 2003
    Actually, I found some spacers that allow me to put in the MM6 series. Now that would be sweet! Gotta save my pennies now...

Think I'm going to stick with Zapco amps though, I like them a lot.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200