Accord ?'s

koch
koch Posts: 5
edited December 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Just bought Momo 6X9's and Momo 6.5's for my 02 accord coupe. the guy at Circuit City was clueless (much like i am personally) but he told me he was sure that both sets would fit. I am hooking them up to a MTX 50 X 4 amp. is that good? anything else i need? Will there be much bass with these speakers? sorry i'm a noobie!
Post edited by koch on

Comments

• koch
    edited December 2003
    will they fit? or is there something else i should get instead of Momo's for in the doors? any suggestions would be appreciated!
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited December 2003
    i dont have any personal experience
    but if youll go to if youll call crutchfield (www.crutchfield.com), they can tell you, its toll free
    -Cody
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited December 2003
    oops....double post
  • koch
    edited December 2003
    thanks, but is what i bought gonna be enough? with the speakers i got will subs be necessary for bass or will the 6.5's and 6X9's produce a lot?
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited December 2003
    well, i run 1100 watts to 2 subs and i dont think its enough...
    everyones different
    my advice is just to install them, and if its not enough you can get more later
    and if you really want bass from those speakers, you need to run them at their rms specs
    50x4 isnt going to give the full potential of those speakers
    -Cody
  • koch
    edited December 2003
    the 6.5's say they need between 10-60. if i got a bigger amp and went over the 60 wouldn't there be a better chance i would blow them? are the momo's hard to get because the guy at C.C. told me he had to specially order them. is that normal or is the C.C. in my town just ghetto?
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited December 2003
    actually, contrary to popular belief
    you are more likely to blow a speaker by underpowering them then by over powering them
    say you have your 50 watt amp like you have
    you turn it up really loud
    but since the amp is working so hard to keep the volume up, it clips, it sends a very ugly ugly message to the speaker, this could very possibly blow it
    if you have more power, you can turn the gain down a little, therefore your amp will never have to work as hard, thus reducing the chances of blowing it
    those speakers could probably handle 100 watts if you were careful
    you could run 75 watts to them very safely
    polk underrates their speakers a little, any good company does
    i run my subs 100 watts over their rms
    i run my 6.5 components 75 watts over their rms
    so getting a 75 watt anp would definetely not hurt those speakers
    and no theyre not that hard to get
    where do you live?
    sometimes that has a lot to do with what merchandise you have in stock at cc
    i live in south tx, and they hardly ever have anything, or if they do its not installed to listen to...worthless...
    -Cody
  • koch
    edited December 2003
    i'm in northern florida. They told me they have been selling to fast or some BS like that. They did give me free installation though!
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited December 2003
    the CC here said sometimes it takes time for the new products to "trickle" down from where ever their company is at to here...
    FL is a southern state too...maybe thats why...but i dunno
    -Cody