Proud owner of a great used pair of RTA 11TL's

Options
JSPAudio
JSPAudio Posts: 6
edited April 2013 in Forum Testing Area
Hello Polkers. I just purchased a pair of RTA 11TL's.....amazing sound. I have them hooked up with a Rotel amp. I would love to get connected with other owners. Anything I need to know about these speakers?
Post edited by JSPAudio on

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited April 2013
    Options
    JSPAudio wrote: »
    Hello Polkers. I just purchased a pair of RTA 11TL's.....amazing sound. I have them hooked up with a Rotel amp. I would love to get connected with other owners. Anything I need to know about these speakers?

I just bought a set a bit back. They benefit from a crossover upgrade, dynamating all the drivers, upgrading the tweeter to RDOs, and adding custom rings for the 6 1/2s and tweeter made by toolfan66 from this forum.

Not sure what else there is upgrade wise :biggrin:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • 11tsteve
    11tsteve Posts: 1,166
    edited April 2013
    Options
    oooohhhhh, new gaskets, spikes, hurricane nuts if rings are not available. You can upgrade the internal wiring, add new binding posts.... and if they are in bad shape, strip the vinyl and put on veneer.:cheesygrin:
    Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    NAD 1020 completely refurbished
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Analysis Plus Copper Oval, Douglass, Morrow SUB3, Huffman Digital
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited April 2013
    Options
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited April 2013
    Options
    balie99q0 wrote: »
    Sensible women constantly pursue special deals. When you try looking in the stores throughout the low cost times, you'll discover lots of women struggling to get those products they've been logged in for every year, and also which currently are available at extremely cheaper prices.
    Coach handbags, which are usually not expensive, however, not pretty low-cost either, can be purchased with essential discount rates when the series grow older, and as fashion trend changes. Nevertheless, you can purchase this kind of cheaper bags nowadays, as the fashion always comes back after a couple of years, so you will have the opportunity to be in fashion with not much money spent.
    I think there has to be a less expensive solution to look great. In fact,fendi handbags, intelligent ladies can easily have the ability to be unique and trendy without the need of investing lots of money. Some famous producers just like Coach Bags are usually a fantastic choice and considerably more affordable than Gucci, Fendi or other luxurious brands. In this article you're able to study several tips that will permit you to appreciate your style.
    Wallets which tie in with the bags are actually an excellent advancement in fashion. Take full advantage of it and constantly purchase a match for your brand new purse. Coach bags, for instance, usually feature these kinds of accessories.
    Every fashionable ladies wants to possess at a minimum several stylish purses. Much too bad that a majority of of the times this kind of bags have a quite high sale price, therefore quite a few ladies can not pay for no less than one.
    Maintaining of your bags really should be finished with wonderful maintenance. Quite often water may damage your own purses, therefore you really need to have them away from normal water. Your own Coach bags are amongst the luckiest at any time, since you can purchase specific maintenance packages that really help your bags appear to be fresh for much longer time.
    When selecting your own bags, remember that big bags do not match perfectly if you're a short man or woman. Think carefully and perhaps obtain a wristlet or a clutch, rather than a big handbag. More information at http://www.coachoutletonlinemart.com/ coach outlet.
    Vibrant colors certainly are a great selection for bags. A gleaming purse tends to make other people find you from the crowds of people. However,fendi outlet, you ought to observe yourself so as of maintaining the amount of colors you put on each time at an utmost of three. You do not wish to appear to be an unique bird, of course.
    Related articles
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • JSPAudio
    JSPAudio Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I had one tweeter go out and ordered a replacement from Polk this week. It arrives tommorrow....looking forward to getting installed.

Thanks for all the suggestions, seems like this model has several options for upgrades.