Bogen Challenger HF10A Mono Tube Amp

Options
snow
snow Posts: 4,329
edited March 2013 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Up for sale is a Bogen Challenger HF10A Mono Tube Amp it uses 2 6AQ5 output tubes a 6BW4/EZ81 rectifier tube a 6U8 tube and a 12AX7 tube it outputs a whopping 10 watts these are extremely rare amps I could only find a few references to this amp online and none for sale. Even though it is only 10 watts with my Oppo CD player when I turned up the gain it played loud enough to drive you out of the room.

This amp does work but it may be wise to restore it anyways before long term use. It is being sold without the 12AX7 tube I stole it since it was a ultra rare 1956 Amperex slant D getter foil tube. It comes with the valuable Telefunken 6U8 and 2 RCA blackplate 6AQ5 tubes and a Sylvania 6BW4/EZ81 rectifier tube. I would restore this amp before long term use.

$75.00 + shipping

click on the first pic for a short video of it playing.

th_MOV04302_zps7a6c0557.jpg

DSC04277.jpg
Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D

Comments

• wdb
    wdb Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi: Is this still for sale ? Looking for an amp to work on..
    Thanks !
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,606
    Options
    Today is your lucky day, he's been holding it for you for the past 7 years. Unfortunately due to inflation the price has raised from $75 to $1,750. Thank you for your understanding.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,334
    Options
    I don't believe snow is still hanging around these parts. I hope I'm wrong but I do not recall seeing a post by him in quite a while. You might want to check out some other audio forums, as I know he does use the same handle on other forums I have seen him on.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    Snow was last here may 23.
    Doubt he still has it but one never knows...
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    He's a flipper. I'd be shocked if he has it.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,329
    Options
    All the above is mostly true, I have not been here much recently, I am indeed a flipper and sorry I no longer have this amp.

Regards Snow
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D