Greetings to everyone!

Options
bajaf
bajaf Posts: 11
edited December 2003 in Speakers
Greetings. I'm from spain, from Barcelona. Throught my local dealer, I'm going to buy a Polk home cinema system, R15 for surround, Csi30 for center and for front channels well, I dont know. First of all, which receiver? I doubt between a Marantz Sr4300 or a Denon 1603. Use 95% cinema. Which better?
And which front channels floor-standing speakes?
A rti70 which this type of receiver (low gama) is too much? Better R50? Subwoofer is needed using a floor standing speaker?
Another advice?
A last doubt. My local dealer show to me a new center channel model, exactyly Csi25. But not appear in the products of polk audio. What happens?

Sorry for my english language. I know is not very good.
Thanks for everything and i see you all in this forum.
Greetings.
Post edited by bajaf on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2003
    Options
    bajaf,

Welcome the the Polk Audio forums. You will learn a lot in here about audio and home theater. You english is fine... and even better than some others. ;)

Polk Audio really has three levels of speakers... beginning with their entry level ones.. which are the R series, followed by the RTi, then the higher end LSi model of speakers.

Most people.. me included.. use the RTi line of speakers.. they in my opinion are the best bargin..they sound incredible. For those people who are on a somewhat tight budget... the R line usually works best.

For me... i prefer floor standing speakers.. i enjoy the full sound they put out... over smaller speakers for fronts. Polk does make some very good bookshelf speakers if you don't have much room for large floor standing ones. I use the older version of the RTi70. which quite a few people in here also use.. it's one of the best sounding full range speaker. It produces very good bass for it's size.

It depends on how much bass you would like for when you are viewing a movie. I think most people here prefer to have a subwoofer even with floorstanding speakers.. I certainly do.

come back often and ask more questions.
    Al
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2003
    Options
    bajaf,
    Let me add my welcome as well...

Obviously what you choose to do depends on your budget. As you enter the world of home audio there are many paths you may follow. Here a couple thoughts for you. In either case a nice, stand alone powered Subwoofer would produce a more enjoyable HT experience, and reduce the load on your receiver. Of the Polk subs, the PSW505 is a popular choice, but their are other manufacturers' subs that may be better choices.

Electronics First
    The AVR choices you list, Marantz Sr4300 and Denon 1603, are both entry level models that are being closed out. You will likely seek to upgrade either of them in the near future.

You might consider spending a bit more on an AVR now (such as the Denon 3803 or 3804, or the Marantz SR7400) and going with lesser Polks that you can add to at a later date. For example the Rti28 or 38 as mains with the Csi30 and fxi30 as surrounds in a 5.1 set up. Later you can purchase new mains and move the 28/38's to rear channel duty in a 7.1 system.

Speakers First
    The rti70's are much loved by many here, often for their music capabilities. They would serve you well as HT mains for many years to come. They would work well with the CSi30 as a center channel, but would be better served with the fxi30's as surrounds.

With the 70's as your mains, you might even consider delaying a sub purchase for a while (especially if you could then buy a better receiver). Since the 70's are no longer made, you might want to get a pair while you can.

Not sure I helped, but I hope I did.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Your English is a lot better than my Spanish. I took a whole year of Spanish in high school, and the only thing I learned how to say was "Get out of the classroom Senor Grand."

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited December 2003
    Options
    LOL.......I learned "Sit down and shut up".......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • bajaf
    bajaf Posts: 11
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Thanks to you all for your welcome. I forget to say that my size room is 22 meters and 12 meters are only for the ht. Whith this size, don't you think the rti70 is too much? Anyway, the most worried thing is the receiver. With my budget only Denon and Marantz are my options. And with this receivers i don,t know if the rti 70 are "too much".
    About Onkyo, I don't like personally but in many stores always have onkyo for proving speakers. it,s curious. I had always heard that Marantz receivers were the best, for his great power and hist great "music feeling". And denon well, a lot of people here have denon!

A question: When you select small for the center and surround speakers, I understand that de lower and the higher frequencies are send to speakers select as large (front speakers)
    so why is so important a good center channel or surround channel whith low frequencies as Csi40, Csi30 or Rt38, Rt28 if these frequencies goes to the front channel?

Thanks again.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Meters? I realize Spain is on the metric system, but did you by chance mean feet? 22 x 12 is large for feet, but absolutely HUGE for meters. In either case the 70's are not too much.

If in fact your room neasurements are meters, you will be hard pressed to fill it with sound, especially on a tight budget.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD