Tuner Antenna Hookup Wire RG6 ? Where to get it ?

tapeshc
tapeshc Posts: 135
edited December 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
Recently I purchased Magnum Dynalab MD-90 with their antenna ST-2.

Tuner Mannual says you should use RG6 cable for better reception, while their antenna came with RG59U cable.:eek:

Please advise where can I get this RG6 wire with F connector

Any brand which is good or better over the other
Thanks

Tapesh
Post edited by tapeshc on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited December 2003
    Hello,
    Most of the time RG6 is sold, in bulk, at most good quality electronics parts stores. Try looking in your yellow pages under "radio communications" or "electronic parts", places that sell to ham radio operators or offer "custom sound installation" services. The F connector will have to be made for RG6 cable diameter and have a characteristic impedance of 75 Ohms (some connectors are 50 Ohms). Also, making the actual connection, of the F connector is important to not pinch the RG6 cable, which can change the impedance. This is why installers use a special tool which constricts all around the cable with the same pressure, so to avoid uneven pressure around the fitting. Maybe the shop will cut and attach the connector, for a reasonable fee?
    Regards, Ken
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited December 2003
    If you don't need too long of a run, you might ask your local Cable company to make you a cable. Most all companies have gone to RG-6, and usually will make a cable for you at no cost.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2003
    I think CC has some Terk RG6.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited December 2003
    Tape - I have some RG6 available if you need some. Let me know what length you require. All my lengths are pre-terminated. Free.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • tapeshc
    edited December 2003
    Thanks a lot guys for the advices, I just checked RS website they have the cable as you guys suggested, I dont know why I didnt do this before.
    dorokusai Tape - I have some RG6 available if you need some. Let me know what length you require. All my lengths are pre-terminated. Free.

dorokusai

Thanks for the help, actualy I need just 8-10ft. it wont be worth getting it shipped and giving you trouble. But I do appreciate your offer. Thanks !
    Thanks

Tapesh
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited December 2003
    No problem. :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited December 2003
    I wish I could afford that tuner. Nice equipment. I thought you would use an outside/roof antenna w2ith rotor for that unit to get the best signal. Are you using an indoor antenna? Sorry I'm just confused maybe.

Let us know how it sounds. In Boston WGBH has live classical FM broadcasts all the time in the afternoon and jazz in the evening.

Enjoy your new toy.
  • tapeshc
    edited December 2003
    Yes I will be using indoor antenna, as I live in an apartment.

No doubt its a nice tuner.

coincidently I also purchased it for WMHT Classical music FM station.
    Thanks

Tapesh