Online Sellers

Options
todd1019
todd1019 Posts: 8
edited December 2003 in Electronics
I am planning on ordering a Yamaha 1400 AVR and i was wondering if you guys have any feed back on the following online stores or any suggestions besides ebay for purchasing this receiver.

www.etronics.com
www.hometheaterphiles.com
http://www.reliableaudiovideo.com

[DVD] Sony DVP-NC685V
[Front] POLK RTi-70
POLK CSi30
Kenwood to be replaced
[Surround] Kenwood to be replaced
[CD Player] Sony CDP-CX355
[Game Console] XBOX
Tivo
Post edited by todd1019 on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited December 2003
    Options
    I used them for the purchase of my Sony ES AVR. They were misleading in the "in stock" comment, so I had to wait another week to receive the AVR. That was only after I called them, wondering where my Sony was located. Etronics gave me a 50% credit on the shipping that was appreciated, but I wouldn't order from them again.

They have great prices, just make sure they are clear in the information that they give you over the phone.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2003
    Options
    There are a number of good ones out there, but whomever you use be sure to check out their restock policy. Some charge up to 25%...

Also be aware that most ebay buys and many dot-com dealers are not factory authorized. At best this makes the waranty a hastle (shipping through them) and at worst you have no waranty at all. Be sure to ask...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited December 2003
    Options
    check out www.resellerratings.com

etronics has lots of reviews, the last two only have one each, but the last one does have 1 and it sounds pretty bad.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2003
    Options
    I don't know if they carry Yamaha, but onecall.com has excellent customer service. They actually called me a couple days after I got the receiver just to ask if I got everything hooked up OK. And they ship out orders very quickly (or at least faster than crutchfield.com does).

No affil.

Regards,
    PolkThug
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited December 2003
    Options
    I've ordered a receiver from hometheaterphiles.com before and had a good experience. Great prices. They called me to confirm my order and shipped it out promptly. I would order from them again.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • Loud & Clear
    Loud & Clear Posts: 1,538
    edited December 2003
    Options
    I've had good luck ordering through reliableaudiovideo. I've purchased a Denon receiver, Denon DVD player, and Polk speakers through them over the past couple years. No problems yet.

Two Channel Setup:

Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 2-3
    Integrated Amp: Krell S-300i
    DAC: Arcam irDac
    Source: iMac
    Remote Control: iPad Mini

3.2 Home Theater Setup:

Fronts: Klipsch RP-160M
    Center: Klipsch RP-160M
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12NSD (X 2)
    AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2030
    Blu Ray: Sony BDP-S790