Rockford Fosgate Power 350S

sntnsupermen131
sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
edited December 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
anyone know where i can find one of these for less than $180(including shipping) with the full 3 yr warranty?
and it HAS to be the 350, not the 351
i found it for $180 at www.mainstreetaudio.com and theyre authorized dealers
i also found it for $109 at ikesound.com, but theyre not authorized
id still get a 1 yr warranty, but i dont know how much rf's and ikesound's warranties differ
this amp is only going to be driven at probably half of its power so i dont think its going to **** the fan anytime soon, but i just feel safer about the 3 yr rf warranty, after the bd1000 blew...i just dont know...lol
-Cody
Post edited by sntnsupermen131 on

Comments

• JDOGG
    JDOGG Posts: 433
    edited December 2003
    I think thats your best bet. i would've reccomended ikesound to, but they don't have a warranty like you said.
    Panasonic VIERA 46" 1080p plasma
    Onkyo TX-SR805
    Klipsch RF-7(bi-amped)
    Klipsch RF-25
    Xbox 360 with HD DVD
    Playstation 3
    Cobalt Cable
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited December 2003
    Those guys are about an hour away from me.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited December 2003
    mainstreet audio is?
    or ikesound
    are they a good company?
    havent shopped with them before...
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited December 2003
    Main Street Audio.

I dunno, never dealt with them. They look reputable from thier website. It's organized and up to date so they obviously care about the business enough to provide a good presentation.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited December 2003
    cody - why the 350S -- is this for your truck to power the rears? if so -- the 250S (or was it 200S?)would be PLENTY good -- and sounddomain had that shizzle on sale for 129 or something last i checked with full 3 yr warranty.

either way -- what the hell do you need 100 watts/channel for rears for !
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited December 2003
    actually theres a few reasons
    but just to make it clear, i wont be throwing 100watts at it, just 50
    1. theres no power amp smaller than the 350
    2. power amps come with a 3 yr, punch comes with a 1 yr
    3. power amps are made better
    4. the 201S is all sd has, and its a punch and its a newer model so it looks different than the 3 i already have
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited December 2003
    ooooo -- damn -- that sucks :(
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2003
    Forgive the simple question but Im not up on RF that much. Is their a SQ difference between the Punch and Power amps or is the Power series just more powerful? I was just curious cause back in the late 80's, Punch amps were the deal! Nowadays people seem to be poo-pooing the Punsh series.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited December 2003
    the punch amps do not have the SQ the power series do
    the power series also uses better materials
    they last longer, and they have a 3 yr warranty, compared to the punch 1 yr warranty
    -Cody
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2003
    I second the sounddomain reply you get a full warrenty and they will beat the ikesound price. Just click on the 105% low price policy and they will send you a link so you can purchase at the lower price.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited December 2003
    Gee..last time I talked to the RF rep....there were no Authorized online dealers.... I know SD matches the Rf warranty...but yet again...non authorized

Peace:(
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited December 2003
    RF reps are useless
    sounddomain doesnt carry that amp
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited December 2003
    Originally posted by sntnsupermen131
    the punch amps do not have the SQ the power series do
    the power series also uses better materials
    they last longer, and they have a 3 yr warranty, compared to the punch 1 yr warranty
    -Cody

Cool, thanks.

Ive been looking to upgrade my amps to a hi end setup and have looked in to RF. They are quite powerful and very reasonably priced. I would love to have an Xtant 4.4 but am just having trouble justifying $600 for 1 amp! Sound Domain has the 551X for $270! Thats a smoking price. I was just wondering about the SQ. I really couldnt care less about SPL.

Normally I dont like to buy off the internet but if its an RF authorized site then I guess theyre trustworthy. I just like having someone behind a counter that you can go to and physically grab them by the throat if you have a problem! Hard to do that on the net! LOL
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited December 2003
    actually, if you can, try and get the 550S
    the difference is a year
    while personally, i havent heard the new ones, but people tell me theyre not happy with the new ones...
    well, not happy as compared to watts though, not SQ
    for example
    i have a 500.2
    the old version of the 550S
    rated at 500 watts though
    well, this amp puts out 830 something watts
    i think it was a 2000 model
    the 2001 i believe is the 550S
    one of mine is rated at 570 something, the other at 580 something watts
    -Cody
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited December 2003
    thezeb.com used to have them, im not sure if they do anymore, but theyre authorized dealers
    just hope to God you dont have to return something
    -Cody
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited December 2003
    if youre bored, go to the search and search for thezeb, itll show you all the topics that i started, and all the **** i went through trying to return an amp, but you do need to read this one
    http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13366&highlight=thezeb
    i shopped there again though, and no problems at all ordering, its very simple
    but their return dept could seriously get some help
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited December 2003
    RF does have online dealers -- i spoke with them and the Zeb is an authorized dealer for them... and as far as sounddomain... sounddomain does not sell any item that they are not an authorized dealer for -- they are "like" crutchfield in that they're an online store, but they're so "solid" that they might as well be circuit city.
  • MacLeod
    edited December 2003
    Thats good. Sound Domain has the 551X for $270 and the 351X for $170 with free shipping! That is going to be a hard deal to pass up! Ive seen a bunch of SQ competitors running RF Power amps so I guess they can cut it. Now I just need to come up with an 8" that will handle 350RMS.

• PoweredByDodge
    edited December 2003
    8" sub - 400 wrms - 4 ohm...

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/ROCRFD2208

suggested retail $200 -- current sale price -- $79 bucks.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited December 2003
    83db sensitivity rating?
    ouch
    -Cody
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited December 2003
    well i got the money now(pay day kicks ****)
    and i guess im going with mainstreetaudio
    finally my audio system will be complete
    well, im still going to replace the dx tweeter with a momo, but that can wait for a while
    or if anything breaks again...but everything but the components and the amp powering them are still under warranty...
    now im saving for tires...$100 down, $375 to go...
    i love tax returns...
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited December 2003
    83 db's sensitivity from an 8" sub... that's not bad at all...

most 10's are like 86-88 db... sure... higher is ideally better, but from a little piddily 8" sub with a 400 watt rms power rating, a sensitivity of 83 db is what u'd expect.
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited December 2003
    vinnie..I see that..and S/d has it on thier web site now. I know a year or 2 ago...they were not RF authorized...they even stated it...guess the times have changed and RF trying to sell as much junk as they can..I mean amps :)
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited December 2003
    well sounddomain didn't used to be as "reputable" a year, let alone 2, ago... they're "upping" themselves, which is all well and good, but they used to be no better than carstereotime or other non-authorized dealers... now they're almsot a crutchfield.
  • MacLeod
    edited December 2003
    Crutchfield has been around forever. I remember drooling over one of their catalogs back in 89!

My problem with them is that now theyre too big for their britches it seems. Their prices are no less than retail! Whats the point in ordering something online, paying no tax but shipping costs (which is about as much as tax) and then having to wait 3-5 business days for it to come and hope its still in one piece; when you can go to your local shop and get the same thing for the same price and take it home that afternoon?

If its something hard to get then I guess thats a good reason, but who doesnt have a Kicker or Alpine dealer in their neighborhood?