Very new, need help

Options
KyPeN
KyPeN Posts: 2
Ok, here is my very very modest setup:
Toshiba 20" non-HDTV w/ Component (1), S-video (1), AV (2)
Reciever/Amp - Onkyo TX-SR501 w/ Component in (2), Component out (1), S-video (enough), AV(enough), Optical-in (2), Optical out (1), Coaxial-in (1)
Speakers:
Front - Polk R20 (soon to be RTi6)
Center - Polk CSI30 (May jump to CSI3, but havn't decided)
Rear - Polk R15 (I may jump to FXI series, but not sure)
Sub - Velodyne CHT-12

DVD-Player: X-box for now, may get new one for x-mas or soon there-after

I'm 16, work w/ me people

Ok, here are the questions:

I am using up all of my component as well as digital audio ports. The coax is being used by my PC, opticals by PS2 and Xbox, and components by PS2 and X-box as well.

Notice, a DVD player is not in the mix.

What would be the best solution for hooking one up?
I really wanna use component for DVD, but I can settle for S-video on the PS2.
I'm really stumped on this one. I know I can get a switchbox, but won't I lose the whole point of going component in the first place? My receiver also has Component Analogue Audio-in, but I'm not sure how that would compare to Coax/Optical.
I need some real help here.
Thanks!

Oh yeah, what would be some decently priced (American $ if possible) cables to work w/ the proposed solutions?
Like I said, I am new. I've been using Monster Cables for much of my stuff, but I refuse to pay retail, so I e-bay the mofos. I havn't been duped like many people

Thanks again!
Post edited by KyPeN on

Comments

• Ceruleance
    Ceruleance Posts: 991
    edited December 2003
    Options
    If I were you I would spend my money on something else besides a stand alone DVD player. As you know both the PS2 and Xbox can handle DVD's already, and while they aren't the best equipment out there, I really dont think you will notice a difference on a 20" display regardless of how much you spend on a DVD player. Save your money and use it for speaker upgrades, or software (games/dvd's)
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Save your $$$ for a TV.

Regards,
    PolkThug