Recever switching

Options
Fireman99
Fireman99 Posts: 129
What does everyone use? Do you Hook your equipment up to the Recever and use the recever as teh "switch" or hook directly to the TV? Providing you have enough hook up's on the TV.
Dan
Recever AVR 8000
Amp PA 4000
CDR 26
Mains RTI 150 Bi wired
Center CSI 40 Bi wired
Surround FXI 30
Rear RTI 4
Sub PSW 140
Post edited by Fireman99 on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited December 2003
    Options
    It depends - in my main HomeTheater i am only using a dvd player so I go component directly to the projector giving me a direct path a cleanest signal but in order to use my on screen menu I would have to go to the reciever first and the monitor out to the projector and having to buy another cable.

In my living room setup I have 4 sources hooked up with all S-Video connections and therefor only having to run 1 S-Video to my big screen and switching is done on the reciever. This works great because I have total control over all sources abling me to combine sources and have a on screen menu at touch of a button.
  • Fireman99
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Cool I'm currently running all players into the recever and out to the TV Just debating on switching the DVD to direct into the TV since it is the only component running com cables right now.
    Dan
    Recever AVR 8000
    Amp PA 4000
    CDR 26
    Mains RTI 150 Bi wired
    Center CSI 40 Bi wired
    Surround FXI 30
    Rear RTI 4
    Sub PSW 140
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Fireman99
    Cool I'm currently running all players into the recever and out to the TV Just debating on switching the DVD to direct into the TV since it is the only component running com cables right now.
    Dan
    Does that mean your running a component to the reciever and then to the tv?
    Your should have a seperate video channel for component.
    Is your tv HD?
    I WOULD go directly to the tv for the DVD then.
  • Fireman99
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Yes the dvd is ran to the recever on component and then to the tv. I will try switching it and see if there is a diff. I might wait to do it till march since I'm moving then and have to take the system down and rebuild it in the new house.
    Dan
    Recever AVR 8000
    Amp PA 4000
    CDR 26
    Mains RTI 150 Bi wired
    Center CSI 40 Bi wired
    Surround FXI 30
    Rear RTI 4
    Sub PSW 140